Estes ANTAR Now “Coming Soon”

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thing is really taking its time to get to market. I wonder if it is stuck in the Suez Canal.

Ordered the Mercury this morning that had the extra decals. Looks to be out of stock now

Ordered the Mercury this morning that had the extra decals. Looks to be out of stock now
The website says the 60th anniversary MR will be available again in June - they were in stock this morning when I got the email notice but I got busy with other things, gone when I checked after lunch 🙁

I didn't see the email until late in the day, so it was gone.

Things like this have to be super frustrating for the model rocket companies. I bet Estes has a container load of other rockets they can't sell, while they can't get their hands on the kit that they know they could sell if they had it.

Mine arrived yesterday. Actually bought two so I don't have any problem building one of them. It does look like a good candidate for an upscale version.

Finally got mine today. There will be others. Anyway this is how my ANTAR arrived today. There was NO obvious external box damage. They put air bubble on the bottom and none on the top. Great packaging technique. Anyway the Box I just popped it back into shape and the contents were not damaged in any way. So no harm no foul.20210520_112333.jpg

Last edited:
and a very long looking nose cone.
Looking at instructions PDF with square-on images of finished rocket I'm guessing that out of the 23 inch overall length, the exposed length of the nose cone is about 9 inches.

Back