Estes ANTAR Now “Coming Soon”

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a great looking design with great looking decals. Should sell well.

At 3.7 oz/BT60 I would prefer to see a 24mm mount in there. Looks like it could be bashed in there without too much disturbance.

Also seems surprisingly expensive for an Estes kit of that size and nature. Right about what the Apogee Shrockets cost, although there will presumably be discount options with AC Supply etc.

They had pics of a model one of G. Harry Stine’s fictional spaceships in that YORF link. The new model is a great tribute to those classical space ships.

I actually have built a new RCRG of another of G. Harry’s fictional designs, using the drawings from Hagerty’s Spaceship Handbook. Will be posting it the the Rocket Glider forum soon.

Agree that the box artwork is almost as neat as the design! I’ll wait for my LHS to get it, the tough part will be limiting my self to just 1.

And now AC Supply has pushed the ANTAR’s availability to April - not a problem for me, I have plenty of unbuilt kits on hand, enough to last at least that long 😉

And now AC Supply has pushed the ANTAR’s availability to April - not a problem for me, I have plenty of unbuilt kits on hand, enough to last at least that long 😉
April of what year?😉

Tom, with an upscale of the wing slightly it would make a good rc rg, hint hint....

Frank

They had pics of a model one of G. Harry Stine’s fictional spaceships in that YORF link. The new model is a great tribute to those classical space ships.

I actually have built a new RCRG of another of G. Harry’s fictional designs, using the drawings from Hagerty’s Spaceship Handbook. Will be posting it the the Rocket Glider forum soon.

Would be a good candidate for an external shock cord rigging to suspend the rocket horizontally during recovery, for a somewhat simulated glide approach to landing.

One could do a nice 2.6” upscale using the Aerotech 5/1 ogive nosecone. It would still be a little short 0.3”.

Back