Estes ANTAR Now “Coming Soon”

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

nosecone

Reaction score
Looks good. I feel like I want to display the box also.

neil_w

Yum yum rockety goodness
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
That is a great looking design with great looking decals. Should sell well.

At 3.7 oz/BT60 I would prefer to see a 24mm mount in there. Looks like it could be bashed in there without too much disturbance.

Also seems surprisingly expensive for an Estes kit of that size and nature. Right about what the Apogee Shrockets cost, although there will presumably be discount options with AC Supply etc.

Mugs914

Pardon me for talkin' while you're interruptin'...
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing Tom! 👍 👍 👍

I've gotta get a couple of those!

tab28682

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
They had pics of a model one of G. Harry Stine’s fictional spaceships in that YORF link. The new model is a great tribute to those classical space ships.

I actually have built a new RCRG of another of G. Harry’s fictional designs, using the drawings from Hagerty’s Spaceship Handbook. Will be posting it the the Rocket Glider forum soon.

dpower

Reaction score
Agree that the box artwork is almost as neat as the design! I’ll wait for my LHS to get it, the tough part will be limiting my self to just 1.

Scott_650

Reaction score
And now AC Supply has pushed the ANTAR’s availability to April - not a problem for me, I have plenty of unbuilt kits on hand, enough to last at least that long 😉

dpower

Reaction score
And now AC Supply has pushed the ANTAR’s availability to April - not a problem for me, I have plenty of unbuilt kits on hand, enough to last at least that long 😉
April of what year?😉

burkefj

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Tom, with an upscale of the wing slightly it would make a good rc rg, hint hint....

Frank

They had pics of a model one of G. Harry Stine’s fictional spaceships in that YORF link. The new model is a great tribute to those classical space ships.

I actually have built a new RCRG of another of G. Harry’s fictional designs, using the drawings from Hagerty’s Spaceship Handbook. Will be posting it the the Rocket Glider forum soon.

tab28682

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Tom, with an upscale of the wing slightly it would make a good rc rg, hint hint....

Frank
See my post number 6....;) The wheels have already been turning for a while.

GlenP

Reaction score
Would be a good candidate for an external shock cord rigging to suspend the rocket horizontally during recovery, for a somewhat simulated glide approach to landing.

Ez2cDave

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
If I do one, it will be RC, so no worries about a breezy day. Sub micro RC is doable with the kit and and it would not be hard to upscale for E motors.

The only real obstacle to accurate up-scaling is that very long Nose Cone.

Dave F.

Antares JS

Reaction score
Looks like the original listed price of $39.99 might have been a typo. The Estes website now says $29.99.

I'm okay with this development.

nosecone

Reaction score
Excellent. AC Supply lists as 23.99. Coming soon

NOLA_BAR

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
One could do a nice 2.6” upscale using the Aerotech 5/1 ogive nosecone. It would still be a little short 0.3”.