Estes and Centuri Legacy Catalogs Online on their Website

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caveduck

semi old rocketeer
Reaction score
I noticed recently that in the last couple of years Estes has *drastically* increased the number of legacy catalogs posted in their full-catalog PDF archive. Since a forum search for "Estes catalog online" didn't turn up any well-labeled link to this, I thought I'd post it:

https://www.estesrockets.com/customer-service/full-catalog/

The coverage for Estes looks to be virtually complete year-wise, with at least one edition for all years back to 1963 except the ones that I think don't exist (1965, 1999, 2009). It does not cover some known variants though - in the 1980s and 1990s when there were separate "P" (priced) and non-priced versions the ones shown are all the P edition (which is probably what you'd want mostly). There is also a partial set of Centuri catalogs - 1974 and 1979 through 1982.

Also of note is the kit instructions archive here:

https://www.estesrockets.com/customer-service/instructions

This includes some 25+ year old kits (spot checking I found things like the Avenger, Colonial Viper, Astrocam, and 2nd-gen Mars Snooper) but is not at all comprehensive (missing examples include Blue Bird Zero, Falcon, Missile Toe, the gliding Bomarc, Cineroc, Omega). Nonetheless it puts a whole lot of instruction sets in one official place. There aren't any Centuri kit instructions (yet - dare we hope???).

This is a great resource for old-kit cloners and people interested in the history of our hobby. Much thanks goes to the current staff at Estes for gathering up and posting this historic material.

The one thing that isn't in the instruction archive are fin templates and paper accessories. Fortunately, between Jimz and YORS we have most of those. The Estes instructions do, in some cases, seem to be better quality scans.

Latest posts

Back