Estes - Aero-Hi (#0817) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goose_in_co

Reaction score
This was the forst rocket that I built back in 1974, and I still have it! I bought it because it was the cheapest rocket at the hobby shop that had a parachute, and it still left me enough money to but a pack of 4 mini-brute motors in a blue diamond box. I cloned it later and painted it like the catalog this time.

aeri-hi in the sky.jpg

Aerohi family small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill Eichelberger's 2005 EMRR review of the Estes Screamer and the photo of Mike Goss' gorgeous Aero-Hi at Excelsior rocketry's website were the two triggers that initially kicked off my interest in Estes Mini Brute rockets. I previously posted photos of my Screamer. Here is my clone of the Aero-Hi.

Estes%252520Aero-Hi%252520Mini%252520Brute%2525201.jpg

Post copied to gallery with permission

Attachments

• Estes Aero-Hi Mini Brute 1-1.jpg
    Estes Aero-Hi Mini Brute 1-1.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Estes - Aero-Hi (#0817) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Estes - Aero-Hi (#0817) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes: Aero-Hi: #0817

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Estes Aero-Hi (#0817) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Aero-Hi

NUMBER: #0817

Introduced: 1973
Final Year: 1975
Designer:

Type: Pseudo Scale
Motor Mount: 1x13mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 11.6"
Diameter: 0.736"
Span:
Weight: 0.75 oz

Mfg. Description: A sounding rocket vehicle of scale-like appearance. High performance design with realistic decor. Features fin strap-on and payload coupler decals, ogive nose cone. (Estes 1973 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

estes-aero%20hi-1973%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 1973 Catalog

Face Card

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Another built oldie from my collection is an Estes Aero-Hi model.

I flew it a few times in the 1970s.

Estes Aero Hi.jpg

Back