Estes 60th Year Upscale Alpha!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSNW

Reaction score
Hey All-
Say what you will....but most if not all were introduced into rocketry via an Estes rocket. Or at the very least saw an Estes rocket prior to actually getting into the hobby. There are and have been other fine rocketry companies, but Estes is still, in my opinion, the most influential and have inspired most in this hobby. 2018 is Estes 60th year and they released a 60th anniversary Alpha. Just for fun I (and like others often do) decided to upscale my Alpha to a 4" airframe (long story). After sanding-priming-sanding-priming about a "thousand" times then...after two top coats of gloss white, I think it turned out pretty good. Unlike the 60th Alpha that screams on the B6-4 or C6-5....this will move off the rail on an I200-W and will be recovered with the help of my trusty Chute Release. Of course the biggest challenge is accepting that this rocket WILL get some scratches on it and I will have to live with it!! HA HA!!

See next post for the photos.

Last edited:
Back