Estes 36D Conversion

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKPilot

Reaction score
Anyone remember who did the Estes 36D conversion, substituting a Screamin' Mimi n/c and making a new set of fins?

I lost my fin pattern.

The one that looked more like an Estes Bandit or like a Nike-Ajax? The latter was mine. I THINK the other guys handle MIGHT have been "Cussler" or something like that... No, I don't think it was Cussler... Maybe it started with an "M"... Martin something? Darn! Wheres that old database when you need it?

nikedd.jpg

Last edited:
Both examples shown are really great bashes of the 36DD. I really detest that kit as designed for numerous reasons, but it has some interesting promise now ...

Let's get them off the shelves and redo all of them.

;)

Nice job, rockitflite, and BAR0051.

Both examples shown are really great bashes of the 36DD. I really detest that kit as designed for numerous reasons, but it has some interesting promise now ...

;)

Nice job, rockitflite, and BAR0051.

Thanks... But it appears Troy has abandoned the thread that he started:confused:...

I bought one on clearance at HL last week for like $8, so I'll try to do my part!

In looking over the kit, I'm probably just going to use the existing PNC-60 nose cone, BT-60 tube, BT-60-to-BT-70 transition, and the long BT-70 tube, with two shortened motor tubes inside the BT-70. The fins, probably four of them, will be trapezoidal or clipped delta in shape.

I've already built the motor mounts and glued them into the aft centering ring (the one with notches to accommodate the motor clips).

The one that looked more like an Estes Bandit or like a Nike-Ajax? The latter was mine. I THINK the other guys handle MIGHT have been "Cussler" or something like that... No, I don't think it was Cussler... Maybe it started with an "M"... Martin something? Darn! Wheres that old database when you need it?

It was Martinvrstal! ...I think:rolleyes:

Hey AK...that was me! Our computer has been down since last October and I'm reading old threads on the new TRF and came upon this one. Basically there slightly larger K-48 Bandit fins.

Picture.jpg

DSC01978.JPG

Back