Estes 35% off sale just announced

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I clicked on the Nova and by the time they added shipping and tax it was about the same price as my Hobby Lobby.

Stacking other 10%, 15%, 20%, etc. discount codes might stack onto this sale, so there's that to consider.

The LEO Space Train was the one surprise for me on the discontinued list. Cool “scale-like” design with unique nose cone.

Took me a minute to realize that wasn't an Alpha 3 in new clothes.

That is a really Alpha-like nose cone. If you wanted to do an upscale BT-55 Alpha without having to print or have printed a nose cone, that would probably work. So I guess it's not completely useless. A 29mm BT-55 Alpha could be entertaining!

Just to note, the sale price from Estes on this deal is the everyday price at AC Supply.

Just brainstorming here, those Alpha-like fins might slot right into a Booster-55 fin can, which you could substitute on the back of the Chiller, giving a 24x70mm motor mount, expandable to 95mm if you're blessed with the right tools. A semi-ARF E12-powered BT-55 Alpha is interesting!

Speaking of the BT-55 booster, I believe Chiller was - with Spirit - the last of the models intended to use it. With both discontinued, you might want to buy up any of those boosters you might want now since I'd guess there won't be any more.

Back