• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Estes 24mm Dummy Engines

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not looking for the yellow spacer tube, I'm hoping to score the older ones that are the same thickness as actual motor casings. You often find them with the Fin Alignment Tool. I need at least two, but would be happy to get more.

Thanks!

Why do you need these? Do you need them to make an actual dummy engine for testing purpses?

I have homemade C11 and D12 dummy engines (1 each) that have a COG within a few MM of the real engine and an exact (depending on the source) weight of the real engine. They're made with white glue and a combination of plastic and metal BBs.

Or do you just need what amounts to a 24mm engine casing, but don't want to spend the time and effort cleaning out a spent casing?

Why do you need these? Do you need them to make an actual dummy engine for testing purpses?

I have homemade C11 and D12 dummy engines (1 each) that have a COG within a few MM of the real engine and an exact (depending on the source) weight of the real engine. They're made with white glue and a combination of plastic and metal BBs.

Or do you just need what amounts to a 24mm engine casing, but don't want to spend the time and effort cleaning out a spent casing?
I have a special project that is based on Estes ca. 1975. Empty casings from them don't have a date code. Expended engines would need to be dated 1975 or prior... And for those, I'm looking for D12-7s and D12-0s.

Latest posts

Back