Estes #2068 Grey Hawk

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

johnnwwa

Reaction score
This OOP Grey Hawk kit was given to me today. Some assembly of this kit has been finished , but the MOST Important parts Nose Cone, Decals & instructions are with this kit as you can see. I will rebuilt this kit from the ground up. Estes produced this kit from 1992 - 1994 Glad to get this one :) Price was right FREE.
I'll be looking at JimZ site to get missing fin patterns and cardstock sheet :D :D :D

BAR
John

Ryan S.

Reaction score
those outboard tubes are begging to be made into motor mounts

Conan

Reaction score
John,

I've got one of those NIB around here somewhere, so if you have trouble finding the patterns, let me know and I'll try and dig it out of the "bin-o-rocket-stuff" (i.e., my garage).

BTW, it appears (assuming the intake tubes in your picture are glued on) that the intakes are glued on backwards and without the angle cut on the front edge.

I believe it should be a "clonable" kit since it's a common NC (e.g., current Renegade or older Astrosat), and it doesn't appear to have any really strange parts.

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
John:
RyanS is right, the Greyhawk make a great clusted upgrade;) wiring is a bit tricky with the recessed central motor but this little birdy really HONKS on 3 C6's :D
Heres a pic of the two I built. the blue camofluage went the the Air & Space museum Gift shop for display. the brown camo. is clustered.
I thought I had a lift-off shot but apparently I haven't scanned it yet. it's is a blur as I remember:D

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
Originally posted by Conan
I believe it should be a "clonable" kit since it's a common NC (e.g., current Renegade or older Astrosat), and it doesn't appear to have any really strange parts.

That is not the Renegades nose cone, I think you arte thining abouot the Shuttle Express ;). Wow, that kit is larger than I thought it was... I was thinking that is it bt-50 based... man, I wish I had one. I think I would really enjoy that :). Maybe one of these days, I will steal the nose off my Shuttle Xpress and clone my own :)

Conan

Reaction score
Originally posted by n3tjm
That is not the Renegades nose cone, I think you arte thining abouot the Shuttle Express

Hmmm ... I guess I just assumed that the cockpit NC on the Renegade was the same one. Sorry about that and thanks for the correction -- should have gone out the the garage and checked to make sure.

I'm pretty sure that the Greyhawk is BT-56 (ST-13) based like the Astrosat and (yes) the Shuttle Express, among others.