Estes 2021 catalog status?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully, Estes learned not to waste time and money on paper catalog printing and distribution.
But, likely, not.
I really wore out my Estes catalogs when I was a kid. Couldn't stop looking at them. So I got a rush of excitement when I found a 2020 catalog in the package with my Black Friday order from Estes, my first one in... oh, 40 years or so.

Since then, I don't think I've even cracked it open. It's sitting on my workbench gathering dust. Quite a bit more detailed info is available on their website whenever I need it. I feel certain now that my catalog enthusiasm was mostly due to the fact that there was nowhere else for me to see all that stuff. Now that it's all over the web... there's no novelty to the catalog anymore.

But that's just me. I can't say whether, ultimately, the catalog benefits Estes or not.

If they go away, we will all posts threads on how much we miss them. I actually went to Ninfinger and looked at the Estes catalogs from the 1970's online just this last weekend!

Face it, the Estes catalog is part of the rocketry ethos. We will lose a part of this hobby if they go away. I actually l miss the old LOC Precision printed catalogs!!

Those were the days...

Do you know if they made a paper copy of the 2008 catalog? It is the only one I don't have. I was told it was digital only. It would make sense because I have never seen one.

No 2008
The Estes management under Hobbico decided no one needed a paper copy.
They got so much crap they it again in 2009

I thought that was the case- I guess someday I will have to print it off the Estes site.

NARCON news... Print catalogs should be at Penrose in about a week. They’ll automatically mail one to you if you’ve placed an order in the last six months.

I neglected to ask about the electronic copy.

NARCON news... Print catalogs should be at Penrose in about a week. They’ll automatically mail one to you if you’ve placed an order in the last six months.

I neglected to ask about the electronic copy.
One of the members at YORF who has hobby industry connections related that catalogs are typically released in conjunction with the big industry trade show in February - which matches up with the arrival of the print catalog at Estes HQ and will probably be when the online version goes live.

Hey. They added the body diameter back to the descriptions....

Full sized Commanche 3 is back as well and an upscale Mars Snooper and of course the Big Red Max.

Not a bad release. Was hoping for a few new models that we had not heard of yet but that's OK. Maybe we'll get some larger models released mid year.

Last edited:
Hopefully all of use who ordered directly from Estes within the last 6 months will automatically get our hard copy catalog per Bill Stine’s statement during NARCON. The e-copy is great but having one in paper is handy.

Antar and Super Mars Snooper are the highlights for me. They added diameter back, but not weight.
The diameters were in the website descriptions so it was a bit odd they were left out of the 2020 catalog - like the weights this time, on the site, not in the catalog.

Noticed the “Coming Summer 2021” blurbs on some of the new rockets - smart move, that should save all the “when’s rocket xyz coming?” discussion😆

The DARC is not a glider per Bill Stine during NARCON though they did use the X-24 as a reference for the design.

The ANTAR and Snooper are great looking additions - both should look great in flight - on my must buy list for sure.

Oh well, still a few interesting looking ones. Probably will pick up Antar at least.
Based on your user name I would assume you need to pick up at least 2. :)

Noticed the “Coming Summer 2021” blurbs on some of the new rockets - smart move, that should save all the “when’s rocket xyz coming?” discussion😆
Now *that's* funny. 🤣

Back