Estes 1/200 Scale RTF Saturn V

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Instructions are pretty clear the fins are required for proper flight. Stupid to try it twice, and with flammable kleenex to boot.
From the dialog, it seemed they were genuinely stumped as to why it was unstable. Or were they just playing stupid for the benefit of the Youtube audience? I heard them mention kleenex, but I assumed that was just slang for flameproof wadding paper. If I heard correctly, the initial attempt was with a "B" motor. The only recommended motor is a C6-3, and according to the Estes engine chart the model exceeds max takeoff weight for a C6-3 by almost 50%.

A bit late, but I like the idea of the C18-4W. I have several C12-4 Q-Jet motors that I think would also be well-suited to the 1:200 Estes RTF model.

I flew one on a QJet D a few months ago.
Straight flight, drifted out of the park into oblivion.
Launched its' replacement a couple of days ago on a C5-3 (AKA Super C).
Straight flight, perfect motor for small fields and a good kick off the launch pad.

Launched its' replacement a couple of days ago on a C5-3 (AKA Super C).
Straight flight, perfect motor for small fields and a good kick off the launch pad.

Nice. I bought a pack of Super Cs and will dedicate one each to the SatV, SLS and Bezos' BO.

The Rockwell engineer who wrote the flight manual for the Apollo spacecraft lives at my mother’s retirement community. He worked at Rockwell for 45 years.
The community activities director already has a 1:200 RTF Saturn V gift wrapped, for presenting to him on July 20 at a community mixer.
If the weather is good we’ll launch it. Then watch Apollo 11 for the community movie night.
If it goes well I’ll post pics.

The Rockwell engineer who wrote the flight manual for the Apollo spacecraft lives at my mother’s retirement community. He worked at Rockwell for 45 years.
The community activities director already has a 1:200 RTF Saturn V gift wrapped, for presenting to him on July 20 at a community mixer.
If the weather is good we’ll launch it. Then watch Apollo 11 for the community movie night.
If it goes well I’ll post pics.
Post in thread '53 Years ago tonight...'
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/53-years-ago-tonight.173851/post-2301050

Attachments

• D040B663-E91F-482B-AA3E-27A04AEF9B10.jpeg
    D040B663-E91F-482B-AA3E-27A04AEF9B10.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 0
  • FullSizeRender.mov
    16 MB

Latest posts

Back