Estes 1/200 Scale RTF Saturn V

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone seen this short video on the new product soon to be available.

John Boren

I couldn't get the Saturn v model, so I built one from scratch 1611077068407.png I had limited supplies so looks kind of crooked.
it's a small rocket so I made it fit an a8-3 motor but I think it might be able to fit a b6-4 or even a c6-5

Last edited:
Launched without clear fins
Not my video.

Edit. To be clear, I was not involved in this video. I saw it on YouTube and posted it

Last edited:
I understand the point of discussion, but I don’t know that this forum should be a vehicle to increase exposure for that channel’s view count and revenue, then we are all actually supporting the behavior we claim to detest. I love irony! I wonder what idiocy he will post next, subscribe and find out!

I understand the point of discussion, but I don’t know that this forum should be a vehicle to increase exposure for that channel’s view count and revenue, then we are all actually supporting the behavior we claim to detest. I love irony! I wonder what idiocy he will post next, subscribe and find out!
From the comments:
We call him Wild Bill Flynn because he likes to color outside of the lines. I am GBLynden and am pretty much a stay between the lines kind of guy. No matter what Bill is doing, I need to have my camera rolling or I might miss something epic lol
Yeah that's a hard pass.

From the comments:

Yeah that's a hard pass.
You do understand the bit about irony?

Even a thumbs down earns the same revenue for the channel, it’s the views. If I were a moderator, I would be inclined to remove the link to that channel from this forum.

Instructions are pretty clear the fins are required for proper flight. Stupid to try it twice, and with flammable kleenex to boot.

I accidently stepped on the clear fin unit for my Saturn V. I know its only about $4 from Estes, but the shipping price makes me hesitate to buy a replacement :(

I accidently stepped on the clear fin unit for my Saturn V. I know its only about $4 from Estes, but the shipping price makes me hesitate to buy a replacement :(
Wait until you have enough for a $50.00 order with Estes for free shipping.

Back