Estes 1/200 Scale RTF Saturn V

Discussion in 'Low Power Rocketry (LPR)' started by JumpJet, Jan 10, 2019.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Sep 8, 2019 #391

James Duffy

James Duffy

James Duffy

Ever considered stamp collecting?

James

DEN, BEC and Saluki like this.
  2. Sep 8, 2019 #392

jahall4

jahall4

jahall4

Just coincidence my man. It's only the 3rd time I have seen one fly and this one was NOT flown by me. For you to interpret something different suggests your own personal bias and sickness. I report what I see to benefit those trying to fly this rocket safely, you trying to make it about something else suggests that you have little interest in the safety of the hobby and should not reply to post you don't like.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  3. Sep 8, 2019 #393

DEN

DEN

DEN

Coincidence perhaps... I apologise if I offended. I have edited my original post. I would like to say from my personal experience there is nothing wrong with this rocket if you follow the instructions which are fully detailed as any other rocket. Yes if you do not seat the motor properly or attach the clear fin unit properly issues as you have described can happen which is stated in the manual. After 12 flights on C6-3 motors I have had zero issues. Ive been in the hobby on and off for 43 years so maybe that plays into it. I followed the instructions and have had 100% success rate. Yes installing the motor can be a bit more time consuming but the instructions clearly state how to do it.
    Most of the issues Im assuming are from people rushing to put it in the air and not taking the time to verify proper motor and fin installation or using different motors. Yes having a motor tube would help motor installation and would have been a wise addition and Estes should add it.
    If there was a critical design error Estes would have pulled it from the market as they did with the X15 years ago. They would not keep a problem product out in the market without a recall. To say other wise is absurd. I have only heard negative issues from a couple of people on this forum and other social media.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    dhbarr and Saluki like this.
  4. Sep 8, 2019 #394

Leo

Leo

Leo

This rocket is as safe to fly as with any other ordinary model rocket. That is if you install the rocket engine and the plastic fin unit correctly.

dhbarr and DEN like this.