eRockets whats up?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thobin

Reaction score
Any one here have any dealings with eRockets? I bought a OOP Estes kit from them on ebay and while I received the type of model I purchased I did not receive the kit pictured, nor does it match the description. I message them more than once with zero response, paid a lot for this kit because it was in pristine condition but what I got looks like it was drug behind a car. It's obvious from the listing picture and what I got they pulled a switch on me! I hate to leave a bad review but come on they have to believe a collector is buying this stuff and that it wouldn’t be okay to do this? Any similar experiences? Plus they jammed it in the tiniest box mashing the display card up.... :mad:

TA

eRockets.biz is a very reputable seller in the community. Randy Boadway is a very good online vendor. I'm curious if you've got someone who swiped the name on eBay.

I also know that those OOP kits were donated to the local group by the family of a rocketeer who passed away. Randy volunteered to post them on eBay to raise money for the NAR section. Randy is not making anything on these. If you got the wrong kit a mistake was made and Randy will make it right.

eRockets.biz is a very reputable seller in the community. Randy Boadway is a very good online vendor. I'm curious if you've got someone who swiped the name on eBay.

If that is the case then they did a good job because the packaging label says eRockets and ebay links to an eRcokets web store with tons of reviews.

I've bought from erockets several times, and there was a mistake in one order (ordered two of one line item, but only received one). I sent an e-mail and he mailed the missing item.

It sounds like a mistake was made and you were sent the wrong item, but I can't imagine that it was intentional. I'm sure he'll make it right. He might have family obligations or be taking a day or two off for some sort of holiday I've been hearing about the past couple weeks...

I also know that those OOP kits were donated to the local group by the family of a rocketeer who passed away. Randy volunteered to post them on eBay to raise money for the NAR section. Randy is not making anything on these. If you got the wrong kit a mistake was made and Randy will make it right.

These better not be the kits I brought from my late friend that were to be passed on to people free of charge.....!

Last edited:
These better not be the kits I brought from my late friend that were to be passed on to people free of charge.....!
Those kits were distributed during the Christmas party as door prizes for those who contributed to the gift exchange (IINM, could have been everyone, I was on Zoom and couldn't make out everything going on)... Thanks for the Estes Fusion X25!!!

Those kits were distributed during the Christmas party as door prizes for those who contributed to the gift exchange (IINM, could have been everyone, I was on Zoom and couldn't make out everything going on)... Thanks for the Estes Fusion X25!!!

I don't want to assume the worst. But I have been bringing totes of rockets from my friend to your club for about a year now. That's a lot of door prizes.

This still doesn't clarify what "Gus" said in his previous post, about selling rockets from a person who passed away. Clarify this statement....please.

Last edited:
I don't know how all of them are being distributed... Just that we got some of them during the Christmas dinner. Sorry about the loss of your friend.

FWIW... The Tuesday night build party is still going on, and has a Zoom meeting. It's open to all, and Randy frequently makes an appearance. However, when I last saw him, he was out of state visiting his new grandchild (I don't know if he's returned home to Ohio, or is stuck in an airport somewhere).

http://wsr703.org/

I tried to call erockets. Says they are open, but nobody picks up. Still hoping to hear from "Gus".

Alright, I didn't want to get involved in this but I will. My name is Mike, and I used to attend build nights at eRockets and was also periodically a member of WSR. I used to have a massive build pile, but my son and I drove a bunch of rockets down to eRockets to be given out during the Christmas party. I have stage 4 cancer and I will never get around to building all of them. I'm doing well but it is what it is. I don't attend build nights / launches anymore because of COVID. I just can't afford get it because of my health.

Many of the kits I donated were OOP kits. I noticed some of my more valuable kits were put on eBay by eRockets to raise money for a few new launch site items for WSR. I am totally cool with this. One of these kits is what I believe the OP is referring to. Some were in better shape then others.

BSNW, I'm sure Randy will clear things up for you if you send an email. I believe he is out with COVID right now though.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

Alright, I didn't want to get involved in this but I will. My name is Mike, and I used to attend build nights at eRockets and was also periodically a member of WSR. I used to have a massive build pile, but my son and I drove a bunch of rockets down to eRockets to be given out during the Christmas party. I have stage 4 cancer and I will never get around to building all of them. I'm doing well but it is what it is. I don't attend build nights / launches anymore because of COVID. I just can't afford get it because of my health.

Many of the kits I donated were OOP kits. I noticed some of my more valuable kits were put on eBay by eRockets to raise money for a few new launch site items for WSR. I am totally cool with this. One of these kits is what I believe the OP is referring to. Some were in better shape then others.

BSNW, I'm sure Randy will clear things up for you if you send an email. I believe he is out with COVID right now though.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

Mike.

Thank you for your input. I am very sorry about your situation and I am not trying to stir things up. I am seeking clarification from something said in post #3.

As the person who was put in charge of distributing hundreds of kits and parts from my late friend (meant to be passed on for free).

I would not be true to my duties if I did not at least ask about this based on what was said in post #3.

I am not assuming anything until I get clarification from "Gus". I am sure anyone would understand if they have walked in my shoes.

I too have been active with WSR and they are a fine bunch of guys. I mean NO ill will.

I am just a bit stunned after reading what I did in post #3 and I am simply asking for clarification based on what was said. I am hoping that there is a simple explanation. However, like anyone, we all have our fears.

My thoughts and prayers are going out to all who are dealing with COVID and illness. I truly mean this.

Andrew

Last edited:
…I am not assuming anything until I get clarification from "Gus"…
Andrew,

I have no clarification to give you. I am not a member of WSR. Please contact the people you know there, or Randy for clarification.

The number of people on this thread suggesting wrongdoing by Randy, one of the nicest and most giving people in our hobby, is just astonishing to me! But, unfortunately, so very typical of this forum.

Andrew,

I have no clarification to give you. I am not a member of WSR. Please contact the people you know there, or Randy for clarification.

The number of people on this thread suggesting wrongdoing by Randy, one of the nicest and most giving people in our hobby, is just astonishing to me! But, unfortunately, so very typical of this forum.
At most, I see two people possibly suggesting anything questionable?

This is why social media is a terrible place to have this kind of discussion. The OP brought up one issue and then this has morphed into something else pertaining to eRockets and Randy. I'm not a fan of the original post, which has also been posted on Facebook too.

1. Relax a bit, give this some time to work itself out. We're so quick to raise the red alert on things that will work out if we can just give one another a bit of grace. It's the holidays and with covid everything is our world is affected. Please remember these things. ERockets is a legitimate company but it's not Estes, it's not massive with a large staff I'll bet. They can say they're open but in a smaller company that might mean that their website is open only (just guessing, I don't know that for sure). Again, holidays AND covid.

2. There is a second issue that is kinda, possibly...maybe related. Or maybe not. Point is, let that be another discussion with the right people, not a pile on to this post.

3. @mg444 suggests that Randy might be out with covid. If that's true then come on! Give it a rest, or I should say, give Randy a rest.

Sheesh!

I am/was only responding and asking about information that was publicly presented (post #3) by a person who claimed they knew what they were talking about. I was mearly looking out for my late friend, see post #16.

If nobody can understand this simple point, I give up.

I was not trying to hurt or make personal attacks on Randy. I think he is a wonderful man as well. If you can remember, I asked for clarification from Gus..not Randy. Good god...

NEVERMIND!!!!!!

I tried to call erockets. Says they are open, but nobody picks up.

Nothing to add here, but a quick glance at the calendar indicates that this is late 2021, and the calendar is about to turn the page to 2022. If you want someone to pick up a phone you're going to need a time machine to take you back to 2008.

Nothing to add here, but a quick glance at the calendar indicates that this is late 2021, and the calendar is about to turn the page to 2022. If you want someone to pick up a phone you're going to need a time machine to take you back to 2008.

So I guess you text customer service when your cable goes out or if you call your doctor or....

This is why social media is a terrible place to have this kind of discussion. The OP brought up one issue and then this has morphed into something else pertaining to eRockets and Randy. I'm not a fan of the original post, which has also been posted on Facebook too.

1. Relax a bit, give this some time to work itself out. We're so quick to raise the red alert on things that will work out if we can just give one another a bit of grace. It's the holidays and with covid everything is our world is affected. Please remember these things. ERockets is a legitimate company but it's not Estes, it's not massive with a large staff I'll bet. They can say they're open but in a smaller company that might mean that their website is open only (just guessing, I don't know that for sure). Again, holidays AND covid.

2. There is a second issue that is kinda, possibly...maybe related. Or maybe not. Point is, let that be another discussion with the right people, not a pile on to this post.

3. @mg444 suggests that Randy might be out with covid. If that's true then come on! Give it a rest, or I should say, give Randy a rest.

Sheesh!

Thanks for your input, but may I ask that you carefully read post #16? Where did I talk about Randy or eRockets? Or pile on? My tone and text was NOT hostile or accusatory.

So I guess you text customer service when your cable goes out or if you call your doctor or....

Actually, I do exactly that. The quickest, most efficient way to contact either of these is via online tools.

Phone conversations tend to be a productivity killer. I know for a fact that retailers, especially those engaged in elements of the hobby industry, dread picking up the phone. The number of people who call to chat aimlessly about rockets (or trains, or models, or RC cars, or whatever) is off the charts. For many of these retailers the only way to get any work done is to send everything to voicemail, and separate the wheat from the chaff when the workload allows.

Actually, I do exactly that. The quickest, most efficient way to contact either of these is via online tools.

Phone conversations tend to be a productivity killer. I know for a fact that retailers, especially those engaged in elements of the hobby industry, dread picking up the phone. The number of people who call to chat aimlessly about rockets (or trains, or models, or RC cars, or whatever) is off the charts. For many of these retailers the only way to get any work done is to send everything to voicemail, and separate the wheat from the chaff when the workload allows.

Thank you for your astute and wise business advice. As we all know, we are in the golden age of great customer service.

I hope this helps.

-Mike
Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear about your situation. Thanks for the gifts you provided to the club. I guess I thanked the wrong person for the Estes Fusion X25. Thanks!

God Bless!
Jim

Any one here have any dealings with eRockets? I bought a OOP Estes kit from them on ebay and while I received the type of model I purchased I did not receive the kit pictured, nor does it match the description. I message them more than once with zero response, paid a lot for this kit because it was in pristine condition but what I got looks like it was drug behind a car. It's obvious from the listing picture and what I got they pulled a switch on me! I hate to leave a bad review but come on they have to believe a collector is buying this stuff and that it wouldn’t be okay to do this? Any similar experiences? Plus they jammed it in the tiniest box mashing the display card up.... :mad:

TA
Was it the original Estes version of this retrofit,
http://morerockets.com/Reproduction.../Strike-Fighter-Flying-Model-Rocket-not-Estes

FWIW, I talked to Larry at eRockets last week and they have been having phone and internet issues. We were disconnected twice while on the phone. Also, when I tried emailing Randy via the link and/or reply button in my order confirmation, I eventually got a bounce back. That had been working up until then.

I am missing an order that was to be picked up, but at the end of the day... it's just model rockets

Not trying to make or give them excuses, but something to consider.

Latest posts

Back