Quantcast

Eqqtimer Quantum Flashing with a Macbook

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Mick2b

Reaction score
Does anyone out there know if you can flash update the Quantum with a Mac, if yes I really need the big dummy version on how to do it.
Thanks,
Mickey

cerving

Owner, Eggtimer Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Try this: [video=youtube;kS8PucmUt5Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS8PucmUt5Y[/video]

Substitute the Quantum's .bin file for the example .bin file in the video, and you'll also need to install the Prolific USB-Serial port driver from their web site.

I don't have a Mac so I can't try this, but the Python/pyserial/esptool combination seems to be the universal standard for flashing the ESP8266 processors. The Windows script that I provide has a precompiled binary version of esptool so you don't have to mess with getting Python/pyserial... you do need to have the Prolific serial driver, though.

cerving

Owner, Eggtimer Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Will: Thanks, but I think the OP was looking for the Eggtimer Quantum flash, which uses esptool.py on a Mac rather than avrdude (which is used by the Atmel processors on the Eggtimer Classic and TRS, and the Eggfinder LCD receiver). Wish I could help, but I'm not a Mac guy...