Enterprise!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so I opened my big mouth and said in the BG thread that "Enterprise" deserved its own thread...

well, here it is :D

So, first question, "Who on *earth* would want to spend 3 hours in De-Con with that Vulcan????"

:D :D
(my bad... :D )

love the show, love the grittyness, but there's so much more they could/should be doing with it.

While it has a lot going for it, it also seems to be missing some of the 'fun' and adventure of the scripts in the original series.

They seem to have hit a dry spot, now that they are in the 'expanse'

They were rolling pretty good, IMHO, last season. They had lots of good shows, good storys, special effects done very nicely while not over-done. This year . . . not quite so great, seems to me.

On the other hand, I wonder how much that Vulcan would charge to make a house call and perform some of that special therapeutic massage?

Haven't caught too many episodes of Enterprise, but what I have seen I've really enjoyed.

Don't like the theme-tune much though - I'd thought that sort of music was safely burried back in the 80s.

They revamped the song a bit... I think it is ok... but it does get on your nerves hearing it to often :).

"These new phasers have two settings. Stun and kill. Best not to get them confused."

Good show.... much better than V-ger.

I belong to the those people that really liked the original series (and it still my fav show to date) I'm happy to say that finally a worthy successor is back on the air.

- I never liked DS9. Stationary base, yuk

- TNG was good but too feminin, too much drama for my taste

- Voyager came close to the original. Wasn't bad

but "Enterprise" went back to the roots of the original series (obviously).
I can best explain it as a - western in space - and thats my cup of tea :)

I was very sceptical at first (taking place before the original and yet the ship looks a million times better and more modern) but now I really look forward to every episode. I also think the characters fit in nice and find the SFX to be very good.

That said it's my second fav show after Star Trek :)

Flames away :kill:

I'm with you Leo. The originals are still my absolute favs. But, Enterprise has been the next best thing. Voyager comes in 3rd.

Regards,
Todd

I LOVE Enterprise! NCC-1701-D-E, that is! :D

Seriously, though. I think that the ship looks too good...my peeve about it is that it looks WAY too close to the Akira class starships...looks like an unimaginative designer had fun flipping the other ships upside down, then he flipped the Akira over, thought it looked good, then presented to Berman & CO...I don't really like it. The interior though....DROOL! I love the interior!

My fave character is Trip. He's like Scotty, but instead of Scotty, Southy. (get it? :p) Oh, Jim, I sure wouldn't mind spending three hours in DE-CON with said Vulcan. :D :D :D

My preference:

1. Voyager (my local UPN station canceled it. Know what they replaced it with??? AN HOUR OF 'THE KING OF QUEENS' AND UGH! FRASIER!!
2. Enterprise
3. TNG
4. TOS
5. DS9

Ok...I'm done! :D :D :D

Jason

Don't tell me i bet you'r all watching season 3or 4 by now while were all watching reruns of the first series(in the U.K.).:( Startrek is without doubt some of the best telly ever but VOYAGER was out of this world,i watched every episode....FANTASTIC:D

I was a trekkie fanatic a while back. Once I got into rockets it kinda fizzled. Who knows why. Voyager is my fauvorite by far. DS9 is my least fauvorit (just is. Dont like it much at all). Enterprise is ok, TNG is pretty good, and the origional series is a great piece of work too. I still watch it when I get the chance, but that is only once in a while.

My favorite will always be The Next Generation. The first couple of seasons were pretty hokey, but it got really good later on. Some of the smartest writing on television there, and they have yet to find an actor with the presence of Patrick Stewart.

Hate the original now. I realize no television show was or will be that groundbreaking, but...

::shatner/on:: I....just....can'tgetintothe....acting...or...lackthereof.Itjust....drives...meup...a....wall
::shatner/off::

I got a kick out of the first review I read about First Contact: "This movie goes where no Start Trek has gone before. It has acting in it." :D

Back to Enterprise though. I actually <cringe> like the theme song. My favorite episode was the big Prime Directive one (of course, there not being a Prime Directive yet) where one race was dying of a disease and, while the good doctor found the cure, they chose not to share it as the other race on the planet appeared as if it might be ready to come into a dominant role. They decided to let nature decide and it was a tough call.

Originally posted by arthur dent
All the films apart from the first one are great too:D

While the first one wasn't all that good, please PLEASE tell me you didn't like #5...... :p

as bad as #1 was, it had it ALL over #5.... LOL well, imho....

Originally posted by jflis
While the first one wasn't all that good, please PLEASE tell me you didn't like #5...... :p
That was my reaction too, after reading Arthur's post. Mr Spock flying up the mountain on those Jet-Boots, sets the pace for rediculousness in the film. The only decent role in the film, is tho one played by the small furry mammal, asleep on Kirk's head. :D

Things did look up alot after flim 5, though.

I have all of the Star Trek movies... I love #2,4, and 6, First Contact and Nemisis was my favorite of the NG genre.

"Wrath of Khan" is absolutely, positively, hands-down, THE best Trek movie ever. "First Contact" is an extremely close second, though. The Borg are perfect sci-fi villains and that's when TNG really came into its own. And everyone knows the "odd vs. even" Trek curse, although I think the last two TNG movies turned it backasswards.

Best Trek spoof...remember when Shatner hosted Saturday Night Live? They made the Enterprise into a restaurant and Khan was the health inspector - a puny little Dana Carvey growling, "I'll get you, Kiirrkkk!"

Im sorry guys but " the final frontier" is probably the best startrek movie.Its self mocking humor is excellent and the way it explores the relationships between the main characters is a must for any startrek fan.I mean who else except captain kirk could question god.And lets remember it's the 24th century and we will probably have rocket boots perfected by then.......hhhhmmmm thats got me thinking, a pair of wellys and a couple of m motors:D :D :D

Guys and Gals (we have any here?)

PLEEEEEEASE lets stick to the series or I'll get nasty ;)

Here something for your enjoyment:

Enterprise Series Bloopers (1.7mb, .avi)

Please use "Save as..." and don't pass on the link.

Enjoy :D

I don't know if this is true or not, but it's a good story. There's supposedly a blooper reel from the original Trek movies that no one but studio people have seen.

Now to get the joke here, you'll have to be familiar with "ST6: Undiscovered Country" and "The Sound of Music". Odd, unless you remember that Christopher Plummer had major roles in both -a Klingon General in Trek and Capt. Von Trapp in the chick flick (oops, did I say that?).

In the scene where Kirk & McCoy are on trial by the Klingons, Plummer's character is prosecuting them. Picture him all done up in Klingon makeup & armor and in righteous fury- when he reaches behind a prop on the set, pulls out a guitar, and starts singing "Edelviess".

If that's true I'd love to see it!

Originally posted by rabidsheeep
soo??? if i say star wars rocks do i get shot? :D

You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor!

Originally posted by rabidsheeep
soo??? if i say star wars rocks do i get shot? :D
Nah ... we're far too friendly for that - start another thread, and get us all talking about it.

lucas doesn't wanna make any more than episode 3 cause he thinks its ruining the movies... i think they should make shadows of the empire the book into a movie...

With regards to the blooper reel - Gene Rodenberry spoke at my college years ago, and showed it. Some of it has been shown on TV over the past few years, but the original he showed was hilarious. The best part was his sense of humor about the series, the actors and his role in developing it. Great vision, especially for the times...

I am a devoted sci-fi fan...star trek, star wars, battlestar gallactica...I like it all (well, for the most part). Maybe That's why I like sci-fi rockets so much :D

I wonder what Rodenberry would think about the new Star Trek...

I am a big Star Trek fan, but not a psycho like the trekkies! I have most of the original series on store bought video tapes and I also have all the movies from the first through the last. My personal favorites are:

Star Trek II, The Wrath of Khan - Some of the Best Action they had

Star Trek IV, The Voyage Home - The Funniest of them all, Great one-liners

Star Trek VIII, First Contact - Best Story, and you get to go back to the roots and fight a real baddy

Carl

Back