Enough with the rain, already!...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stones

Reaction score
Here's a composite of a view of my back yard. What you don't see in front of the shed to the left is my garage, which is filling up too. Just seems to be one storm after another. :rolleyes:

same here. Rain, rain, more rain until it stops. Then it rains again. Oh well, it will make the rivers nice and deep for kayaking season.

The southeast just went through one the worst droughts in the last 100 years followed by a record setting year of rain and now this year we are on the verge of another drought. I'd just like to see some consistency. Send some rain down here will you?

You could send some of it here. We haven't had significant rainfall in several weeks.

My rocket launching field is starting to turn brown as a result and at my club launches we've had a few grass fires pop up but of course we have fire extinguishers but we have been able to control them before they got out of hand.

We could use some friggin' rain like NOW!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Milo
Send some rain down here will you?
I've lived here 5 years and have never seen the water get this deep before. I'm planning on picking up a submersible pump tomorrow. Exactly how much hose will I need to get it to you Milo? ;)

We hardly have any rain here haha :p

Actually, we had a 5 minute rainstorm last night... :D And the night before it came down pretty hard but it's all soaked up now... :D

Originally posted by Donaldsrockets
We could use some friggin' rain like NOW!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

So true! If we don't get rain here in Central Florida in the next couple of weeks, the drought index will be too high for us to launch :eek:

Our launch last weekend was cancelled because the field was flooded. I heard on the radio that thousands of farmers may have to plant low yeald crops because they have to wait so long to plant. There has to be some way to send some of this water south where it is needed.

Ya know, I just happen to have an Estes OOP Rainmaker. The first time I went out to fly it last year, it started drizzling. Maybe I should launch it.;) :D

Just a few miles to the North of you, it is almost the same in my back yard! The Sump pump in the basement seems to have been running continuously for days. I am so sick of rain.....

What is that I see this morning for the first time in weeks.... that yellow orb...could it be....SUN?

You and I both, well, I think it will be a little while before we can actually mow our lawns!

Dave

Originally posted by Blue_Ninja_150
I'm making lotsa rocket money! :D

Yep...I would to if I could get out and cut it. I have about 38 accounts now and I'll be playing catch up (not ketchup) from now till Sept!:D

Originally posted by flying_silverad
The grass is growing so fast...I can't keep up!

Water it with beer,
It comes up half cut.

David

YOUR making lots of rocket money!?

Im making a killing!!!:D Just about $100 a month just mowing our lawn! 3 mows a month at $30 a mow (we have a LOT of yard, and its all spread out in different places. It takes me about 4 hours to mow, and I am pretty fast at mowing lawns, if I do say so m'self:D )

And we discovered that our porch is being eaten up by ants, so we get to re-do it... For $$!!! :D

Money money money money monaay!!!:D

5 of the last 7 days have been rain. The well is proabably full or overflowing... Lesse... How many feet of hose would it take to get to Kansas....:D Or maybe just a big sheet of plexiglass to divert ALL the rain that falls over our yard all the way to the midwest.... That mgiht work better.

Originally posted by Stones
I'm planning on picking up a submersible pump tomorrow. Exactly how much hose will I need to get it to you Milo? ;)

For some reason, I'm remembering an episode of "Beverly Hillbillies." Jethro converted the old truck to run on electricity, and wanted to drive it to Washington D.C. to show the president. Just needed 2000 miles of extension cord...

Originally posted by kenobi65
Jethro converted the old truck to run on electricity, and wanted to drive it to Washington D.C. to show the president. Just needed 2000 miles of extension cord...
That Jethro...always "cipherin"... ;)

Back