England 4...croatia 2...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur dent

Reaction score
england have just beaten croatia 4-2 in the European championships and qualified for the quarter finals....COME ON ENGLAND:D :D :)

_82313_st_george3002.gif

OK... Ill do the honors and be the first uninformed American to say:

What are we talking about?

:D

Soccer (football over there? :confused: :confused: )? Cricket? Quidditch? :D :D (couldent resist... im in the middle of one of the "harry potter" books on tape thingys again... :rolleyes: )

Im very confused...:confused:

Anyways, go England, whatever sport they are playing right now.:D

You guessed right first time, Neil. Its Footy; or to be more precise, the Euro 2004 tounament.

Speaking of Harry Potter ..... whats the verdict on the new film? I reckon its miles ahead of the first two.

LOL Dan, youve seen it? :p

Its soo much better!

And go England, not that I really care about football ( :eek: )

Phil

My sister has seen it 3 times... She says its great. THe rest of the family still hasnt gone, though:rolleyes:

OK. Go england, at football!:D

It's out already? I'm amazed I haven't been dragged to see it. They must have gone without me!

Yep. Its out.

Yea, my sister went without me, or the rest of the family... 3 times....:( :rolleyes:

But... Which is done better? The Nazgul in LOTR ROTK, or the dementors in Harry Potter?:D Its gotta be LOTR:D I can say that without even seeing the harry potter movie...

So when is the next game?

If they call soccer football over there, what do they call football over there? Soccer?:D Or do you not even play football over there?:confused:

ya the nazgul in LOTR are better than the dementors in H.P. the 3rd movie was great, the only thing i didnt like abot it was the new dumbledore, he was to lively and playful for how old he is supposed to be... i guess i just got used to the old one so much. and i am no sport buff or w/e but in england dont they play rugby, not football??

kk

OK - what you lot call Football is known as American Football over here. Its not hugely popular over here, but a fair proportion of the population know enough about the game to watch a match on the telly.

Rugby is the nearest thing we have to American Footy. Its not all that differant; except theres no body-amour, the game doesn't keep stop/starting, and theres *alot* more alcohol involved (for the players not the spectators). Its normally played by private/public school types. I was forced to play it for my 1st two years in secondary school, and didn't like it one bit - I much prefered playing goal in hockey.

Originally posted by cydermaster

Its normally played by private/public school types.

Ahem. Rugby Union that is. As opposed to Rugby League, as played by the working class salt of the earth...

I think the dementors in HP arent that good. I dont remember them being able to fly in the books. Probably me forgetting stuff though :)

Im patiently waiting for Shrek 2 to come out over here.

And I presume your talking about Feild Hockey Dan? Thats much more dangerous that rugby! All those hockey sticks and shins and ankles. Ouch. Rugby is much more fun!

Originally posted by hokkyokusei
Ahem.
Oooops .... I forgot thats played 'oop-north'.

LOL - I keep forgetting theres life north of Swindon! ;)
(/me puts on Nomex® trousers)

Originally posted by WiK
And I presume your talking about Feild Hockey Dan? Thats much more dangerous that rugby! All those hockey sticks and shins and ankles. Ouch. Rugby is much more fun!

Hairy ar*ed blokes play Rugby (either code). Girls play Hockey. All in all I'd rather be playing hockey ;)

Originally posted by cydermaster
Oooops .... I forgot thats played 'oop-north'.
LOL - I keep forgetting theres life north of Swindon! ;)
(/me puts on Nomex® trousers)

Si'thee! Come Sat'day I'll have a trout with your name on it.

*Hokky dons t'flat cap, calls t'whippet to 'is side and embarks fer t'fishmongers...

*WiK pulls out inflatable whale

:D

Dont get me started! :p

Phil

Originally posted by Mike
You guys worry me with this fish thing! :D

Be afraid Mike, be very afraid!

Anyway, here's my predictions for the rest of the tournament:

Tonight

Holland 2 Latvia 0
Germany 1 Czech Republic 2
(Payback for 1938)

Quarter Finals

Portugal 1 En-ger-land 2
(Home advantage won't be enough)
Sweden 1 Holland 1
(Sweden win on penalties)
France 3 Greece 0
Czech Republic 2 Denmark 0

Semi Finals
En-ger-land 2 Sweden 1
France 2 Czech Republic 1

Final

En-ger-land 3 France 3
(France win after extra time and penalties. For maximum tabloid points, and subsequent advertising contracts, we have to arrange for the great hero to be the mastermind of his own downfall. So, picture the scene. It's 5 - 4 on penalties. England need to score to stay in it. Up steps... Rooney. As he is "clearing his tubes" in preparation for the kick, a streaker runs onto the pitch and slide tackles him. Rooney's spittle catches the streaker square in the groin. Rooney is dissmised by the referee, for ungentlemanly conduct, the world is disgusted, Heskey misses the penalty, and France win.)

Back