Engines burned in 2003

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stones

Reaction score
Saw this thread on rmr and thought I'd bring it here. It'd be interesting to see just how much we burn up and of what sizes. ;)

Here's mine for 2003:

Estes C - 39
Estes D - 9
Estes E - 8
AT F - 17
AT G - 2

AT = Aerotech

Here we go...

Estes A 6
Estes B 18
Estes C 27
Estes D 16
Estes E 2
AT F 10
AT G 10
AT H 3

88 Flights in 2003 as compared to 133 flights in 2002.

However 4135 newtons burned in 2003 as compared to 1560 in 2002, more high end midpower flights in 2003.

This hasn't been the best flying year for me, bad weather, wind, etc.
Estes A-0
Estes B-2
Estes C-1
Estes D-0
Estes E-2
At F-4
At G-5
At H-0

2003 was my first year as a Born Again Rocketeer. In my youth I was lost, but in June, I saw the light! of burning BP. :) That said, my first six months as a BAR boil down to pretty pathetic launch statistics...

Est 1/2A - 1
Est A - 2
Est B - 2
Est C - 4 (one as a booster)
Est D - 2 (one as a booster)
CTI G - 1
CTI H - 1 (Level 1 cert)

Just 11 flights this year burning around 470 Newtons, but I enjoyed every one.

Started 2004 by losing my Wizard, but such is life.

Rocketry plans/resolutions for the new year: give Micro-Maxx a shot if I can find some, build for Level 2 certification, get at least one modroc launch in each month, possibly build rocket for H-impulse altitude record if I can find an AT H90 reload, lend more motors than I borrow ;)

Ok, here is my guess (don't remember exactly)

B - 4
C - 3
F - 12
G - 4
H - 2 (1) for Level 1
I - 1
J - 1 for Level 2

Boy, I sure didn't use much...... I guess I need to buy more motors this year......

Lets see...

About ten J500's
a few I's
several H's
Many G's
Not so many F's
A few E's
Several D's
See the C's
Watch out for the B's
I love getting A's...

:rolleyes:

:D

Wow...this thread makes me wish I kept track of my flights. I know of 3 K240 RATT, 1 K670GG, several J350's, a J570, bunch of I's, even more H's, lots of G's and lower...

Thanks to EMRR:

MMX - 24
A - 11
B - 5
C - 21
D - 14
E - 22
F - 3
G - 19
H - 2
I - 1
J - 1
Microhybrid - 7
H2O - 6

I'd strongly suggest using EMRR flight logs if you want to keep track of your stats.

It's free and works great and shows you the stats in several different variations, by motor, by rocket, by year, etc...

Not to mention it helps alot of the folks like you and me that don't have sim software, you can find your rocket, view the flight logs and see what has or hasn't worked well in your rocket....

I don't have Rocsim, but between the flight logs and wrasp i usually feel pretty confident in choosing delays for different rocket/motor combos...

firemanup - I do use it occaisonally...but I get lazy;)

Keep the motor totals coming!

Originally posted by firemanup
I'd strongly suggest using EMRR flight logs if you want to keep track of your stats.

I am making a new year's resolution to use EMRR for all my flights this year......

I've kept a log of all of my flights since I started in this hobby, my new years resolution is to get them all up onto EMRR too, I'll put all my previous flights up when I get the chance. Stats for 2003-

A - 8
B - 7
C - 4
D - 4

Admittedly I didn't fly very much last year but this year I'm going to change all that. Now I have the ground equipment to start clustering I should get through a few more motors too!

My totals,
B--11
C--17
D--6
E--2
F--14
G--4

I had two 2-stage flights, both on B6-0/B6-6

My most flown rocket of 2003 was my Estes Fat Boy, with a total of six flights. It made two flights on Estes D12-5, one on Estes E9-4, and three on AT F21-6.

Two rockets lost in 2003, an Estes High Flier on a B6-6, and a scratch built 29mm minimum diameter on a F20-7. Both at the flattest, biggest field I've flown on, Manchester, TN.

My motor totals do not include the dozens of flights of 18mm and 13mm saucers in the back yard.

C- 12
F- 1
G- 5
H- 20 to 30
I- 10 to 15
J- 4
M- 2

I mostly flew small Highpower stuff this year. At NARAM, me and my cousin flew countless H motors. He's only 16 so I had to "fly" them. He built a few though.

It's been a great year. I even flew two M1850GGs!:)

ph man, you guys KEEP TRACK???

These are all rough numbers but...

MMX: 10
1/4A: 10
1/2A: 10
A: 40-50
B: 70 or so
C: 50 or so
D: 30
E: 2

But I'll be flying more this coming year. I'll try to keep track... :p

From my flight logs:
A 36, in 3 flights of 12 each.
B 0
C 6, all in one flight.
D 1
E 22, 3 flights of 7 each and one single.
F 0
G 1
H 3
I 3
J 3
K 6
L 1
M 3
N 2

I didn't keep great track. This is just motors that have flown. Not including static tests.

F - 5
G - 2
H - 15
I - 6
J - 1
K -1
L - 2
M - 5
N - 1
P - 1

Nice pic, Alex. Its a bummer to loose a rocket to a CATO, but to get a cool picture of it is priceless!

:)

BTW - Welcome to the forum. :D

Originally posted by AlexNUMB
Didn't work. (still counts?)

Originally posted by Stones
It'd be interesting to see just how much we burn up...

I reckon it counts seeing as you definatley burnt the motor...just a bit quicker than everyone else! :D

A great question!

Motors burned...

Estes A -- 29
Estes B -- 48
Estes C -- 58
Estes C11 -- 5
Estes D -- 8
Estes E -- 1
AT E25 -- 2
AT G35 -- 1

Total of 152 motors in 117 flights. Includes 5 multi-stage and 17 cluster flights. Launched 25 different rockets, two rockets lost to rocket-eating trees and one damaged beyond repair.

Most flown rocket was "Timex" (basic 4fnc rocket on an 18 inch BT50 airframe.) She flew 12 times, with damage on 7 flights, repaired each time (mainly popped or broken fins.) Hence the name..."takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'!"

Thanks!

George
ghp3:)

Well ; a rough count would be:

F-5
AT G - 4
CT G - 7
AT H - 6
CT I - 2
CT J - 2

A couple more than last year. And did my L2.

:D Al

now who wants to add all these up to see how big a motor the whole of TRF combined fired ;)

Back