Engine files for real sounding rocket motors?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charles_McG

Ciderwright
Reaction score
Okay, I've searched the forum and web, so now I'm asking:

Has anyone made engine thrust curve files for real sounding rocket motors? I'm curious about the Nike and Terrier, especially, but also the Talos, Tomahawk, Sandhawk, Improved Malemute/Patriot, and Black Brant V.

Okay, I've searched the forum and web, so now I'm asking:

Has anyone made engine thrust curve files for real sounding rocket motors? I'm curious about the Nike and Terrier, especially, but also the Talos, Tomahawk, Sandhawk, Improved Malemute/Patriot, and Black Brant V.

Yes , Morton Thiokol . They published a lot of their thrust curves / pressure curves online.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220817-090521.png
    Screenshot_20220817-090521.png
    213.1 KB · Views: 2
Awesome that they provided that. They wouldda gotten bonus points if they had given it a standard code. Looks like that one is an O53963-P

Awesome that they provided that. They wouldda gotten bonus points if they had given it a standard code. Looks like that one is an O53963-P

That is not a standard motor code.

1500KS2.0 is a standard SRM coding where the digits preceding the KS is the average thrust in pounds-force, KS is the propellant chemistry where KS is ammonium perchlorate based composite, and the last digits are the burn time in seconds.

For example, the WMS boost motor made by ISP that Tony posted would be a 12,100KS0.68

Letter coding is specifically started for hobby motors and then it was expanded for HPR.

Let me rephrase...standard hobby motor code. That's what 99% of the people here would recognize.

I did not mean it in any negative fashion. I was more so commenting for the edification of others. :)

Back