enerjet sounding rockets?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But I've googled and searched within the forum both here and at YORF, and haven't seen any posts about building 1340s in anything but LT-125 or ST-13 tube sizes. There are (a few) people who are very passionate about the design, but no up- or downscales that I've seen. Just seems odd to me.
I can only speak for myself, but I was about to build a BT-50 sized downscale of the Enerjet 1340, but decided against it at the last minute because I realized the Enerjet water slide decals I was considering wouldn't provide me with all of the decals I'd need to fully clone the 1340.

I am really interested in the Nike-Ram rerelease, as it's basically a BT-55 rocket with a nose cone I actually like*. Will go check on the AT thread to see what the status is on that kit...

* My prediction is that the Nike-Ram rerelease will use the same nose cone as the Quest Falcon.

Last edited:
I'm kinda curious why there doesn't seem to be activity out there around upscaling some of these things. With all the passion for the 1340 and variants, why not a 38mm MD version, or a four-inch?
It's been done, sort of. The 2250 looks very similar to the Loc Tri-Star...

Attachments

• Loc Tri-Star.jpg
    Loc Tri-Star.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • Tail End.jpg
    Tail End.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
I am really interested in the Nike-Ram rerelease, as it's basically a BT-55 rocket with a nose cone I actually like*. Will go check on the AT thread to see what the status is on that kit...

* My prediction is that the Nike-Ram rerelease will use the same nose cone as the Quest Falcon.

I am on board with your nose cone prediction.

Note that the new Quest/AT model will not be BT-55, but Quest 35mm tubing.

Tube OD ID
BT-55 1.325 1.283
BT-56 1.340 1.300
T35 1.380 1.340

No. Gary earlier said late spring. I recently specifically asked for an update and he hasn't addressed the request. I assume that means no firm ETA is yet available and he doesn't want the semi-autistic flashback that's inevitable when forward-looking statements don't pan out.

I'm gonna have to build a mini-motor clone of this if it doesn't come out soon...

-Bob

The lower photo of the boxed Nike Ram kit is a picture I took of my unbuilt Nike Ram model.

A simple credit for re-posting my picture would be the proper thing to do.
Considering that someone sent me that image, a while back, without identifying you, or anyone else, that would have been impossible for me to do.

Should I identify "unidentified pictures" as "some unknown person has this item" ?

Perhaps you should add a "watermark" of your name, if you are so sensitive about your postings.

At any rate, its a great pic of a great rocket !

Last edited:
I have collected a ton of images of historical real, model, and scale stuff (including scraping everything Enerjet-related that I can find) that would be impossible for me to properly attribute, collected for my own use. I may or may not remember generally where I got a particular image from, but unless I'm being paid for the publication or otherwise taking credit for the image, I wouldn't worry about sourcing and would frankly welcome someone popping up and politely claiming origin of the information.

Consider upgrading the materials if you want to kick the 1340 up a notch in size and power. I don't know what the speed of a 3-D printing plastic like PLA is.

I flew my copy of it using the plastic fin can on a G125 AT motor. The ones you need to certified to use. The fins popped about 25 feet in the air going transonic.

The dimensions came from a telephone interview of Larry Brown himself following his historic flight at NARAM-14 in Seattle, WA. I wrote the dimensions down on his business card, I used to have it but I'm pretty sure it burned up in the AeroTech fire in 2001 along with other records and relics.

I bought a Set of those plans from Gary at Pittsburg Spring Convention 1976, still have them.

I flew my copy of it using the plastic fin can on a G125 AT motor. The ones you need to certified to use. The fins popped about 25 feet in the air going transonic.

My hope is to print a fin can that will look right and survive the lower average thrust, longer-burn H motors that can fit in a 4-grain CTI case. We'll see.

My hope is to print a fin can that will look right and survive the lower average thrust, longer-burn H motors that can fit in a 4-grain CTI case. We'll see.

I flew one just fine on an H50 long burn 29mm motor at LDRS-24. I never found it. Next day it was in the lost and found box and came home.

Back