Endeavour with an attitude

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missileman

Reaction score
I just finished my PML Endeavour.
Shakedown flight will be next Saturday at Michigan International Speedway on whatever "I" motor I can come up with.
The following week at the Team 1 Manchester launch I will fly my L2 with it on a J350.
If that goes OK I plan to fly it on a J570.

Nice looking rocket Jim. I'll look forward to seeing it fly and good luck on your L2. I flew my Endeavour (stretched for dual deployment) at Manchester last month on an Cesaroni K650 Smokey Sam to 6700'. Very cool flight. Might fly it at MIS this weekend as well (on a different motor of course)!

Nice looking rocket Jim. I'll look forward to seeing it fly and good luck on your L2. I flew my Endeavour (stretched for dual deployment) at Manchester last month on an Cesaroni K650 Smokey Sam to 6700'. Very cool flight. Might fly it at MIS this weekend as well (on a different motor of course)!

Very nice paint job !

Good luck on your L2. The last time I was at MIS there were race cars on the track !!!!

Thank you all for your kind words.
Tony, Welcome to TRF. You won't find a better rocketry related forum anywhere else.

Awesome rocket! Love that paint job. Can't wait for the launch report! I have the Small Endeavour, and I'm hoping to cert L1 on it with an H165 next summer...Great design!

Loopy

Thanks Loopy,
That Small Endeavour should get you an L1 with no problems whatsoever.
Is that gold paint on the nose and fins?
I have had bad luck with gold, what kind is it?

Awesome looking Endeavor Jim..... I will also be at the launch at MIS and look forward to seeing that beauty fly ! You'll see me out there with a camera on a tripod close to the pads so I'll be sure to get you some nice launch photo's. You've probably seen me out there flying my BSD Thor.

Thanks Mike,
This will be my first trip to MIS.
I have been flying with Team 1 at Manchester.
I will look forward to meeting you.

Originally posted by missileman
Thanks Loopy,
That Small Endeavour should get you an L1 with no problems whatsoever.
Is that gold paint on the nose and fins?
I have had bad luck with gold, what kind is it?

Yes, it's gold, and it's a cheap meijer brand. Not sure how, but it works. Just don't put it on too thick. The purple is Krylon metallic purple.

Loopy

Well it flew today.
I was almost too afraid to try after my first 3 launches.
First one landed on an asphalt drive, second one the motor catoed and the third landed on a concrete parking lot.
Well I sucked it up and flew the Endeavour anyway.
It was a perfect, and quite impressive, flight on an I366.
The long red flames were quite the sight.
Events conspired against me and I wasn't able to get a launch pic.
Hopefully someone else managed to get one.
Next step (fingers crossed) J350 and L2 cert.

Good job, Jim! Hope everything else can be fixed. When you planning the L2 flight?

Gerbs - thanks! I can't wait. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can afford it next spring...lol

Thanks.
I have repaired most of the damaged rockets.
My PML Amraam 2 landed on asphalt right on the slimline retainer.
The retainer is dented and I have to figure out how I will straiten it out.
I was planning on flying my L2 this coming weekend but I am scheduled to work. So I may have to wait till next month.
Loopy, Come on up and fly your cert flight with us.
Its only about a 4 hour drive:D
Heck I'll loan you a case if you need it.

Originally posted by missileman

Loopy, Come on up and fly your cert flight with us.
Its only about a 4 hour drive:D
Heck I'll loan you a case if you need it.

Oh, I'm sure I'll be up there for a launch sometime. I'm from New Baltimore originally, and still have friends and family up there. As for the case, I have the 29mm 180/240 set. The issue is the money to pony up for NAR. We're building a house right now, so fundage is a bit tight...lol

Loopy

So who here is gonna start a "Get Loopy in the NAR" fund? C'mon people, let's get this guy certed! :D

Jason

Originally posted by jetra2
So who here is gonna start a "Get Loopy in the NAR" fund? C'mon people, let's get this guy certed! :D

Jason

I like your thinking!!! lol

Heck, it wouldn't be that hard! One dollar from all of the active members on here, and you'd easily have 2 years of NAR membership there for ya!

Jason

Originally posted by jetra2
Heck, it wouldn't be that hard! One dollar from all of the active members on here, and you'd easily have 2 years of NAR membership there for ya!

Jason

Yeah, but soon after we'd have to fund a motor habit... ;(

I don't think so...

Nice flight of the Endeavour Jim.

I managed to put my Endeavour down on the asphalt as well. Got by without any damage.

btw - I think we found part of your motor casing out there in the field. Check with Scott the next time you see him. Aerotech will have to pony up for a new one!

Tony Haga

Nice flight of the Endeavour Jim.

I managed to put my Endeavour down on the asphalt as well. Got by without any damage.

btw - I think we found part of your motor casing out there in the field. Check with Scott the next time you see him. Aerotech will have to pony up for a new one!

Tony Haga

Thanks Tony,
Your flight was quite impressive.
I talked to Aerotech about the F25 CATO.
They said they are not making any more F25s and offered me a 2 pack of F20s. Which of course I agreed to without hesitation:D

Back