EMRR's Rocketry Proverb Contest

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMRR

Reaction score
Introducing our newest contest:

Essence's Model Rocketry Reviews is pleased to announce something different for our summer contest.

Proverb (prov'uhrb) - a short popular saying, usu. of unknown and ancient origin, that expresses effectively some commonplace truth or useful thought; adage; saw.

You can alter existing proverbs such as: "There are two perfect men; one dead, and the other unborn." -Chinese proverb could become "There are two perfect rockets; one lost, and the other not built."

Or you can make up your own.

It can be a proverb, or even a Murphy's Law type saying, but it has to do with rockets.

Winners will be judged by EMRR Guests during a voting week of September 5 - September 11, 2004. They will be looking for the funniest, most true, and favorite ones.

CLICK HERE

Especially at NARAM when they close the field to flying at 5:00 P.M.

"How can we be done flying? I have motors left!"

sandman

Best Rocket Proverb?????

According to the EMRR Contest:

https://www.rocketreviews.com/contest_proverbs.shtml

OVERALL Winner - Edward Shihadeh
"Tis better to have flown and lost, then never to have flown at all"

Check out the page for 149 more, and see Top Choice, Funniest and Most True winners as well.

Regards,
Nick

Oh boy! I won first for the top choices category. I guess I should change my saying at the bottom of my posts to that.

I geuss it is better to have entered and lost than never to have entered at all! :(

(Kudos to you guys)

I'm just glad I didn't have to rank them all in order ;) So many good one, so hard to choose.

Originally posted by rstaff3
I'm just glad I didn't have to rank them all in order ;) So many good one, so hard to choose.

Ha, ha! :eek:

Back