EMRR

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Curtis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
After returning to rocketry last year I would read reviews and build threads on EMRR, but there is very little new posts of reviews. Seems like 2007-2010 was the heyday. So I posted a review of the Estes Starbird two weeks ago. It's still setting there in Submitted status. Does anyone moderate that site? I added the Starlight Super Tiger to the products months ago, and it still doesn't show in a list of Starlight kits. I can only see it when I look at my rockets. Hard to get motivated to add more stuff if it's not made available to the public.

The site (now known as rocketreviews.com) is still being maintained at some level, there was a new review added back in June.

I agree that it was more active a while back. I quit using it for flight logging and only occasionally post reviews.

I wrote a review. I've had no issues with flight logs. I believe I also had to add the Starbird as a product a few months ago. Posted a couple of flights for it and then posted a review.

Thanks Jeff!

Sorry ... With all that has been going on, I haven't always been as responsive as I should at RocketReviews lately. I will review and post the review as soon as I can.

The internet has changed since EMRR stated. People are now more likely to host their own blog and post builds and reviews there rather than upload them to RocketReviews. So, I have stated adding links to reviews on other sites to the product listings so that you can easily find them.

Thanks Jeff!

Sorry ... With all that has been going on, I haven't always been as responsive as I should at RocketReviews lately. I will review and post the review as soon as I can.

The internet has changed since EMRR stated. People are now more likely to host their own blog and post builds and reviews there rather than upload them to RocketReviews. So, I have stated adding links to reviews on other sites to the product listings so that you can easily find them.
I think I have five waiting for approval if you can give them a peek as well.

And thanks for that. I don't use the site often, but when I do it's nice to have a central place for lots of product reviews and flight reports. So I appreciate your keeping up with the changing times and adapting.

I've got another five submitted if you could give the queue a look.

How many reviews are rejected? It seems like it might be easier to just accept new ones and add a "report" button if someone posts something inappropriate.

How many reviews are rejected? It seems like it might be easier to just accept new ones and add a "report" button if someone posts something inappropriate.
Geez, if they'll post mine, they'll post anything.;)

How many reviews are rejected?
I doubt there are many rejections, but when I was posting detailed reviews, there was certainly an editorial and formatting process.

If the process was completely automated, I fear there would be the usual abuse, spam, etc.

If the process was completely automated, I fear there would be the usual abuse, spam, etc.
Yes, no doubt. My question was whether it would be easier to just delete the bad posts periodically than to review every post as it comes in. The thing is that adding an editorial step puts the editor in the critical path.

For ThrustCurve.org, I had to put a captcha on the login process as bots were posting ads into the motor comments. For motorcato.org, there is a captcha on the submittal form. So far, the problem has been bots, not malicious humans.

Back