EMRR - Server Blues again!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMRR

Reaction score
Well, I did it. I was converting a bunch of files for EMRR on CD and BAM! They had enough of me hogging their CPU time.

EMRR will be transferred to a VPS (whatever that is)... and that will take about 20-30 minutes. It should come back up running fine.

I can't afford to keep it on a VPS though, so I will be looking at ways to trim the CPU consumption further. I have made tremendous strides with all the file caching and I know you folks have seen a tremendous improvement in navagational speed as well.

It is my maintenance scripts that are hurting me right now.

Nick

It is a Virtual Private Server. Here is a wiki link for VPS. Not sure why they put you on a vps though.

Back up... however, I can see it on my blackberry and on my work computer, but I get:

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

On my home computer.... anyone have any suggestions?

Nick

Fixed. I had to go into:

For Windows NT/2000/XP Pro type 'c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts'

to eliminate the old pointer.

Nick

I cleared the cashe in my browser and the site came right up.

I was converting a bunch of files for EMRR on CD
That reminds me, Nick- Do the EMRR CD's include the RockSim database?
And when is the next release going to be available for purchase??

I was one of those CD nay-sayers back when, but if you're including the RS files, I'll have to change my tune.... ;)

Back