EMRR "On Display" Photo Contest

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMRR

Reaction score
Welcome to our new Photo Contest:

CLICK HERE

Comments are encouraged using this thread. What are some ideas on how to display... then photograph them... then submit them. Nice prizes are available.

Regards,
Nick

Wow... there are some really awesome prizes offered in this contest... I will have to enter my best :D

To me... display means posing.... hmm... this is very broad.

I expect tough competition from scale nuts who have done scale launchers/dioramas.

No offense intended, but perhaps Giant Leap should enter the "Display" contest:

CLICK HERE

Nick

Vavavavoom :) They get my vote! I wonder if that's a new product :D

Cool contest...... A lot of great prizes...... I will have to take a few pic and enter

But is the 41' Nike really allowed?

Someone needs to get Byron to go back down his street, take a WHOLE LOT MORE pix of those rockets, and post them all somewhere online!

I wondered this also. Cool pic but it won't get my vote...the ultimate way of answering this question is to let the members vote decide. :)

Originally posted by rstaff3
I wondered this also. Cool pic but it won't get my vote...the ultimate way of answering this question is to let the members vote decide. :)

Agreed. I posted it. I didn't see (make) any rules that said "model" rockets, but I figured people will simple vote in the "spirit" of the competition.

Nick

Considering the lack of entries, I felt compelled to place an entry. I don't really display my rockets as much as store them...which will be evident when my pic is posted.

BUT, I ask, where are all the scale launchers? Micro, dude, enter this one!

Originally posted by EMRR
No offense intended, but perhaps Giant Leap should enter the "Display" contest:

CLICK HERE

Nick

Ok EMRR, does that give you any ideas for next years calendar???

I went for the journalistic or photo-artistic approach. Easy enough contest if you just dig through your picture archives. *Everyone* takes pictures of their rockets at one time or another. I just happened to have some on hand from ROCStock XX.

Best of luck to all! I like these photo contests!

A thousand thank yous ..or at least 104 thank yous to those that voted for my entry, the Little Joe 2 with Tower. This was my very first entry in any EMRR kit, and I'm thrilled that I finished 2nd.

A Flying Saucer kit huh ? ...GROOVY !

Thank you to EMRR and to all of the sponsors for hosting this contest.

Cheers,

Yes, Congrats to the winners, and the amazing displays they were incorporated in. All rockets should be displayed, especially with either a special display stand, or displayed for the public to see & admire!

Silverleaf, you do have some talent there.. And rightly so, it should be rewarded!!

But, I'm bummed,
I can't beleive I got bumped by: a guy in a TRF shirt holding two kits, the photoshop 'Stereo / 3D viewier' of a rocket (nicely done though), and the two 'governement property' displays..

Back