Empire Rockets???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NUBlackshirts

Reaction score
All,

On December 13, I paid for (and received a receipt for) an auction for a 1/24 scale Bomarc kit. To this day it has not arrived. I have sent 3 e-mail messages and received only one reply to the first message sent. The first message was an inquiry on when I could expect the item to ship. The response was that he had been very busy and would hopefully get the kit out within the week. That was 3 weeks ago. As noted above, I have sent 2 more messages and received no reply. Has anyone else had problems getting their kit(s) from this guy?

Three weeks!!!

Man I feel guilty when I'm a day or two late shipping something out!

sandman

I bought both the 1/24 and 1/12 kits from Empire. Shipping was very slow. It was almost 4 weeks before I got them. I emailed him several times. Got a reply on all but one. He was always very courteous. Did say he was quite busy. Seems he is building his own house. You'll get your kit. But, I agree the wait is too long.

However, when I did get the kit it was packaged extremely well. And, all the parts were of good quality. He does good work there.

Regards,
Todd

Thanks for the info Prowler. My main concern was that my order had slipped through the cracks. But it sounds like I am not the only one who has/had to wait a long time for the Empire kits.

Originally posted by NUBlackshirts
All,

On December 13, I paid for (and received a receipt for) an auction for a 1/24 scale Bomarc kit. To this day it has not arrived. I have sent 3 e-mail messages and received only one reply to the first message sent. The first message was an inquiry on when I could expect the item to ship. The response was that he had been very busy and would hopefully get the kit out within the week. That was 3 weeks ago. As noted above, I have sent 2 more messages and received no reply. Has anyone else had problems getting their kit(s) from this guy?

I had the same problem with him in the fall. It was close to a month before my Bomarc arrived, and when it did show up the ramjet cones didn't come close to fitting. They were turned from one piece of balsa, but one side was smaller than the other and neither side fit into the tubes. One slipped inside the tube, the other came nowhere close to fitting in. I e-mailed him and he sent an incomplete message back promising me something, I'm just not sure what. The thing that really bugged me about the whole deal was that his reason for shipping my kit so late was because he had supposedly had a problem with the ramjet cones and wanted to make sure mine were okay. Seems to me that this is not the way to guarantee that your customers will buy from you again. (Or say nice things about your products in forums.)

We apologize for any delay in anyone's shipment. This was started as a hobby and I am in the process of organizing Empire Rockets. My wife has agreed to help me keep track of things and we are organizing things. We will be moving into our new home which I will then be able to set up shop. Right now the lathe is on the kitchen table. I understand that some mistakes have been made but we are interested in customer satisfaction and will be more attentive to customers and in giving prompt ship dates upon order inquiry. Unsatisfied or satisfied customers are welcome to email us at [email protected]. Our kits are hand made one at a time and are all individual so if someone is having a difficult time, requires technical support you may visit our website at www.empirerockets.com or email us. You should expect a response to any email within 24 hours of receipt. I am sorry if anyone was upset or concerned with wait time but that is why we are going to organize things and get it together !

Thank You,

Sincerely, EMPIRE ROCKETS Vin& Jen

Sounds good Vin. I know it must be difficult trying to run an upstart business from your home. Especially when your home is moving ;) I'm happy with the quality of material you sent to me. And, I look forward to purchasing one of you Nike Ajax models soon.

Oh, and welcome to TRF. This is the best place for Rocketry on the web :)

Regards,
Todd

Latest posts

Back