Emoji on/off switch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

BABAR

Builds Rockets for NASA
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
For a while I couldn’t seem to add Emojis to my messages. Turned out I had accidentally hit the “gear” icon at the end of the “header bar”. When I tapped it again, suddenly everything came back. There may be some people as apparently dull as I am but not as lucky as I was to stumble on the solution that could also have this problem. I am not sure of the purpose of the gear icon, suggest maybe when you press it a warning or other notification comes on asking “do you really WANT to do (whatever it is this thing does, which so far to me just kills all your editing options.”

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Thanks for your post.

neil_w

Hunkered down and slowly going crazy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The gear icon is "Toggle BB Code". When you're in BB Code mode, you're entering text source, vs. the normal WYSIWYG editor. So yeah, all you can do in that mode is just type from the keyboard.

Note that some BB Code is actually visible in the WYSIWYG editor, like [quote][/quote], but other things are handled via normal WYSIWYG editor conventions, like bold, italic, links, etc.

BABAR

Builds Rockets for NASA
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The gear icon is "Toggle BB Code". When you're in BB Code mode, you're entering text source, vs. the normal WYSIWYG editor. So yeah, all you can do in that mode is just type from the keyboard.

Note that some BB Code is actually visible in the WYSIWYG editor, like [quote][/quote], but other things are handled via normal WYSIWYG editor conventions, like bold, italic, links, etc.
Ahhhsooo!
I am used to the “gear” symbol being “settings”, usually gives you a drop down menu.

Oh well, tells you that 4 years of college, 4 years professional school, 5 years of residency, and 2 years of fellowship doesn’t necessarily make you smart enough to use an iPad!;)

FWIW I liked the old wind better