Emmanuel Avionics IA-X96 Integrating Accelerometer / Altimeter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsmeGriff

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum so, " Hello Everyone!" I've been away from rockets for a couple of years and I'm ready to get back into launching.
I took a drive on Saturday, to go to Midwest Power Launch near Ohio, IL. It was cool and windy, but fun!
I'm wondering does anyone have a complete and working Emmanuel Avionics IA-X96 Integrating Accelerometer they may want to sell? I already have one but would like another.
Mine has always worked flawlessly.
Thanks for the help! Griff....

Last edited:
Ahhhhhhh, Why do you want to go with something so old? Electronics age at varying rates you know plus you don’t know if the used stuff had been core sampled. I’d say use something newer and if you want to collect an IA-X96 fine.
Bench test the heck out of one if you get it and if you really have the cojones, put it in a beater rocket you don’t care to lose. Better yet, bench test and then keep it on the shelf for posterity/collecting sake. If you were to fly it, I’d do it at a sparsely attended launch to avoid a mishap situation. Kurt

Ahhhhhhh, Why do you want to go with something so old? Electronics age at varying rates you know plus you don’t know if the used stuff had been core sampled. I’d say use something newer and if you want to collect an IA-X96 fine.
Bench test the heck out of one if you get it and if you really have the cojones, put it in a beater rocket you don’t care to lose. Better yet, bench test and then keep it on the shelf for posterity/collecting sake. If you were to fly it, I’d do it at a sparsely attended launch to avoid a mishap situation. Kurt
I have 25 years experience as an Avionics Tech. I'm comfortable with electronics. Thanks for the safety advice and concern Kurt. With two of these, one can ride as a test unit. I can look at the data and observe the rocket. Without failures what would we learn... As my signature says, One test is worth a thousand expert opinions. Blue Skies...

I had two IA-X96 units, once upon a time. Large, but they worked well enough. As long as you remembered to install the unit right side up (RIP second unit). And as long as you didn't put it in an underpowered rocket with a too-long motor delay (RIP first unit), whilst being so foolish as to rely entirely on motor ejection for deployment (too lazy to wire up ejection charges...)

You still have a computer that can handle DOS?
It only records up to apogee.and no more than 32 sec of flight data.
I had one it was ok but the ribbon cable was cumbersome.

I do have an old laptop. I agree with you that the ribbon cable was a poor choice for the interface harness. I'm mulling around a few ideas to improve that with a sub-D connector. I think the ribbon connector was a 20 pin. There are header connectors that have individual wires in them replacing the ribbon cable.

Last edited:
Back