Embarrasing Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The RMS reloads for the 18 and 24 mm come in packs of 3. All the 29 mm stuff from AeroTech is a single reload.

....and things almost never get deleted around here. I've caused a few threads to be closed(not for a long time now and not in the forums current incarnation:) ) but their still around to come back and haunt me;).

I was a little surprised by the cost of reloads there.
If I did the "pounds to dollars" conversion correctly,
they want 14.95 pounds = $24.54 for one G64.
On the Aerotech website, they list for $15.50 here (9.38 pounds).
Are they more expensive there due to the international shipping of
hazardous materials?

jeff

I was a little surprised by the cost of reloads there.
If I did the "pounds to dollars" conversion correctly,
they want 14.95 pounds = $24.54 for one G64.
On the Aerotech website, they list for $15.50 here (9.38 pounds).
Are they more expensive there due to the international shipping of
hazardous materials?

jeff

everything to do with rocketry in the UK is more expensive, not just the motors.

everything to do with rocketry in the UK is more expensive, not just the motors.

What you probably meant to say was 'everything in the UK is more expensive.'

I don't think Americans apppreciate how much less expensive our hobby stuff (not just rockets) is compared to most other countries. And we have far fewer regulations too.

I had a siggie made for me by a girl in Glasgow, Scotland and I paid $10 shipping and $10 Customs for about a pound of chocolate chip cookies I made for her. I should have just mailed an international money order for what I spent to make and ship the cookies.

It's shipping and customs and probibly a HAZMAT fee that are the killers. Maybe someday if there's enough demand some manufacturer will see the advantage of making fuel in, let's say, England, for distribution in Europe. Just the fuel with the hardware coming from the US but with the current economic climate that wouldn't be happening for a while, if ever.

I think things really are more expensive in UK. for example, reading New Scientist and looking at the ads, after considering exchange rate most professional jobs pay about half what they do in the US. And the cars are about twice as much, which means that luxury car you had your eye on someday here is completely unattainable there, it costs 4 times as much. Is that what happens after your empire collapses? yikes!

Back