Quantcast

Email notification?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Johnnie

Reaction score
I used to get email notification when someone has replied to my posts, or threads I am subscribed too, but I have not received any of these notifications in days. I checked my settings in my profile, and nothing has changed. Could this be some data that was lost in the site transfer that was made rescently?

Rocketmaniac

Reaction score
Yea, I noticed this on Saturday after the Forum was back on-line. I posted this question to the "TRF maintainance to-night" thread. One of the mods (I think Ken) replied that were working on it. It even effects getting the notice that you have a private message. I had a new one for several day, until I just happened to go into my personal folder and saw the new message......

Johnnie

Reaction score
Thanks Rocketmaniac. I thought maybe I was doomed...to get lost...in a...Microsoft cyberspace :D

DynaSoar

Reaction score
Originally posted by Johnnierkt
I used to get email notification when someone has replied to my posts, or threads I am subscribed too, but I have not received any of these notifications in days. I checked my settings in my profile, and nothing has changed. Could this be some data that was lost in the site transfer that was made rescently?
I had the opposite problem. I had to repeatedly unsubscribe from threads as the reply notices were clogging my mailbox. I finally got it down to one or two a month. After the change, I started getting them again. So I unsubscribed again. So far, no more.

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
If anyone has the problem DynaSoar related...too many mails, let one of the admins know. They can stop all the notifications immediately rather than one at a time.

Johnnie

Reaction score
I am still not receiving any update emails on threads I have posted too. Is there still a problem with this?

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
I still can't send a test email to myself.

Hospital_Rocket

Reaction score
So in other words you joined the rest of us in building an ignore rule for mail from you?

:p

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
D'OH, have to take me out of my kill list :kill:

JRThro

TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still not receiving any e-mail notifications either.

DynaSoar

Reaction score
I'm receiving reply notices to some very old threads. I'm not subscribed to any threads or forums, but they keep coming. Please make them stop.

Also, a suggestion: A list of what mods to contact for what reasons. That way I could PM the request to the right person.

Tnx.

KermieD

Reaction score
This sort of stuff is admin territory. Your best bet is to shoot it off to CTulanko and/or PGerringer. Start with Carl. He seems to be around the most. Issues with content can go to anyone. Issues with forum functionality go to the admins.

Latest posts