Elsberry Mo.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan to be there with a TRF booth and I know that Dr.Don will be there as well.

Launch News UPDATE
Due to the 3.5" of rain that fell on the fields at Elsberry on Sunday night, the "Mid America Rocket Festival 4" and the "October Fly 4" NAR contest scheduled for October 23 & 24th, 2004 by the St. Louis Rocketry Assoc at Elsberry, MO. has been POSTPONED. Stay tuned for updates on the October 30-31st rollover.

The rain make up date has been cancled due to rain and the farmer unable to get in the fields the next seq. launch is Nov 20th

Wow, sounds like you have the same luck with weather as we do! 3, possibly going on 4, monthly launches in a row rained out for us....crossing our fingers for this Sat. Thinking of changing my sig to "If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!"

Glenn

p.s. really nice poster for your club, like it a lot!

so far here is what they got
2004 Rocket Launches
Dates and locations of all launches are as accurate as we can foresee, however, please confirm before attending a launch. At model rocket launches, rockets weighing up to 16 oz. with up to "F" motors may be flown. Model rocket launches will be held at Buder Park. Model rockets are always welcome at our high power launches. All high power launches are held at our Elsberry, Missouri site.

Click on the link to download an SLRA 2004 schedule.

Date Time Type Location
January 17 12:30 P.M. Model Buder Park
February 28

March 6*

March 13*
10:00 A.M.

High Power

High Power

High Power
Elsberry

Elsberry

Elsberry

April 3

April 10*

April 17*

High Power

High Power

High Power
Elsberry

Elsberry

Elsberry

May 15 1:00 P.M. Model Buder Park
To Be Announced TBA
High Power/Model Columbia, MO
July 17 1:00 P.M. Model/Mid Power Buder Park
August 21 1:00 P.M. Model Buder Park
September 18 1:00 P.M. Model Buder Park
October 23-24

* October 30-31

10:00 A. M.
High Power

High Power
Elsberry

Elsberry

November 20 10:00 A.M. High Power Elsberry
December 11 10:00 A.M. High Power Elsberry

* These dates are rollover dates, in case of rain, wind, fire, flood, locusts .... As always check the main page for the most up-to-date information on a particular launch.

- St. Louis, Missouri Weather Report

There are two bean fields that still have not been harvested, unfortunately these are the fields we fly from. Barring perfectly dry weather the next couple of days we are scrubbing the launch for the 20th. Check back Friday for a final update. There is an outside chance for a launch on November 27th.

Due to the rain on the 18th and crops remaining in the field the launch on November 20th has been canceled. Check back for details on the next Elsberry laucnch

December 11 10:00 A.M. High Power Elsberry

Still no word YET so hang tight and Ill post something when I hear.

It dont look good:(

There is no chance that we will be able to hold a launch at Elsberry this weekend (December 4th.). Part of the soy bean crop is still in the field at Elsberry. The latest update is that because of the rain that fell on the fields on Tuesday, November 30th, the farm workers would not be able to work the fields until this coming weekend (at the very earliest).

The forecast is for rain on Monday, December 6th. The only way we will be able to hold the regularly scheduled Elsberry launch on December 11th. is if we don't get any significant amount of rain between now and December 11th. Our only hope is that the rain that is forecast for Dec. 6th. is light and that weather pattern that we have right now stays more or less the same between now and December 11th.

Not to hijack your thread Bowhunter, but it looks like our launch on Saturday is gonna happen. Hope to see you and anyone else there.

Launch News UPDATE

It appears the launch, scheduled for December 11 is a go. There are still some crops in the field but the feeling is with careful launch rod positioning the launch will occur. As always check before you leave for updates

Great I was just gonna update but thanks ya beat me to it. Your not hijacking you just beat me to it. Thanks YAAAAAAAAAAA we get to fly

Back