Elmers Fill-N-Finish,,,Where the heck do you find it?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuddrucker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Everybody seems to use this stuff for filling small gaps, nicks in fins, and tube spirals. I have looked everywhere for this stuff. The only thing I can find is something called "Elmers Wood Filler", or "Wood Putty". The Wood Filler is kind of like Spackel compound, sold in a tube, but alot thicker and stronger. I have used this and it is not to bad to sand. Especially if thinned. The "Wood Putty", sold in a tub, takes forever to sand.

I have heard that they had changed the name of Fill-N-Finish. Is it mabey now called "Wood Filler"?

Thanks!!

...Fudd

You're absolutely correct. It goes by the title of "Carpenters's Wood Filler." I got mine at the local hardware warehouse store with the other wood fillers/stains, etc. Little 4oz tub has lasted quite a while!

WW

Well, no wonder I couldn't find any... they changed the name.

It's like getting directions in Rhode Island... go down this street and take a left where the water tower used to be.

Originally posted by BobH48
It's like getting directions in Rhode Island... go down this street and take a left where the water tower used to be.

That's still not as bad as driving in Aruba. The streets have names (you can see them on the map) but there aren't any street signs to be able to tell what those names are! They give directions like, "Go through 2 roundabouts, turn right, go until you see a blue wall on your left and turn right. You'll go past a school on your left, and the Aruba Aloe Factory will be on your right." (Actual directions from my hotel concierge!)

WW

Back