• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Ellis Mountain motor hardware

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsdemar

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have two hard-to-find Ellis Mountain motor sets for sale. I purchased them directly from Robert Ellis in 2005 and hope someone can get some use out of them. Only the casings were fired once each... the closures and nozzles are new/unused. Everything is in very good condition. Black anodized. The only modification is a short liner overlap machined into the 75mm forward closure by Bob Ellis at the time I bought it.

54mm/2500 motor (24" long) with fwd closure, nozzle holder, 3 nozzles, "Ellis" casting tubes. $150. [SOLD!]
54mm/1200 motor (12" long) case, plus 24" linen phenolic liner, and 6" of nozzle insulator stock. $50. [SOLD!]

75mm/7000 motor (31" long) with fwd closure, nozzle holder, 1 graphite nozzle. $250. [AVAILABLE]

I'll include a liner/casting tube set for the 76 mm motor (kraft phenolic/paper).

If you need the nozzle drilled to a specific throat size, I will do that at no charge. If you need a different nozzle holder or nozzle made, I will do the machining for the cost of materials.

Send a PM if you're interested.

Last edited:
Here are some photos of the Ellis Mt case and closures I have for sale.

This is the hardware for the classic Ellis Mountain M1000 reload. New, never fired. It can be used for EX. The ID is compatible with standard Loki/AMW/Gorilla liners and casting tubes. Comes with both the flat forward closure and smoke-well forward closure.

75mm/7000 motor (31" long) with spiral thrust ring, two fwd closures, nozzle holder, 1 graphite nozzle (0.662" throat). I will supply specs for the snaprings and o-rings.

$250. Includes a liner/casting tube set. Includes shipping.

IMG_0793.JPG IMG_0794.JPG IMG_0795.JPG

Back