Ellis H275?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marvSRG

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with this motor and/or pictures of this motor flying?

With that designation, and the info stating that it has a 1.1 second burn time, it clearly isn't the average Ellis motor. It's gotta be a new propellant. Anybody know if that's what it is?

Also, if you have flown one or seen one fly, how's the ignition
time? Is it slow like all other Ellis motors, or is it quicker? If it is a new and faster propellant, then I'd imagine it's faster as most fast propellants are quick to light.

...Just wanna hear some imput before I try 'em myself:D

Thanx!

It's blue thunder. By pure coincidence, I'm sure, Ellis came out with a blue propellent very soon after they began making AT loads.

So basically it's blue thunder.

Originally posted by DPatell
It's blue thunder. By pure coincidence, I'm sure, Ellis came out with a blue propellent very soon after they began making AT loads.

So basically it's blue thunder.

Not exactly.

I would describe it as a fast CTI propellant. Small yellowish white flame with about the same smoke as an H153. Startup time with a Quickburst Twiggy is about 3 seconds-pretty long if you ask me.
I think it is standard Ellis Mountain THOR's Hammer propellant, but it looks like a core burner or star grain, not Ellis' standard C-slot. I've flown two of them and they aren't that bad for Ellis Mountain

H275 RBTD (Rich Burney Target Drone)

photo credit: me:)

and the last one

all of the same flight using an H275

This is weird, isn't it?

That's odd....does anyone know which one it actually is?

I really like that blue...

Back