eliminator

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r1dermon

Reaction score
i want to know, (if there are any other estes eliminator owners), whats the largest motor that the eliminator has been flown on. i tried the e-30-7t but it didnt go as high as i expected, the short burn was disappointing. though it sprinted to apogee. probably about 15-1700 feet. im looking for somewhere high. any recommendations?

think if i modified the motor mount it would go on a g35? it'd probably shred. lol. i'll look into f21's. i like how they come in pairs.

or just have it poke out quite a bit and use some masking tape retention

I know someone who has flown his on an H I think, maybe it was only a G. Anyway, I think it is our very own asmqajm, he doesn't come around here much though. I saw him on Sep. 25 and he flew his Executioner on a E30. Mybe he will chime in

I've seen one ignited on a 29mm G before. Once the motor lit, the rocket was magically replaced with a smoke trail. It was recovered too!

i can't imagine an eliminator on an H. the nose cone would end up embedded insidew the top of the tube from the G's and air pressure. lol. i'll buy another one and try to modify it to fly on 29mm motors. it'll definately need some clay in the front though. heh.

Eliminator is an AWESOME rocket. Simple to build, fincan is fairly rugged. I bought them all the time to make Astrocam carries out of them :).

I want to get one and put a 29mm motor mount in it. That is simple to do because you can use the BT-56 tube couplers as centering rings. Then I will fly it on one of those G20's from Elllis. I know the delay is short, but who knows... I might get a bonus delay :).

man, that would be insane...bring one of those puppies to cmass...i can't miss that.
maybe with a 29mm mount try out a G125, you can get a 15 second delay on that motor.

a G125 would send it way up there, it would definately scream off hte pad:)

yeah, and that burns for 1 second. i simmed it on a beta rocket simulator and it reached 2,000+mph and 10,000ft. not only that, but the motor burned out at 3,000, so that baby coasted for 7 thousand feet!!! G125, oh yeah.

Originally posted by r1dermon
i can't imagine an eliminator on an H. the nose cone would end up embedded insidew the top of the tube from the G's and air pressure. lol. i'll buy another one and try to modify it to fly on 29mm motors. it'll definately need some clay in the front though. heh.

The Eliminator is the same rocket as the Maniac but with an E mount instead of a D. A Maniac will fly on a G25 without added nose weight. Use a piece of LOC 29 mm motor tube, just a couple wraps of tape around it are needed for a fit into the BT-56. I do replace the chute with a 12" nylon and a longer elastic cord. The Maniac will usually survive a G40, a G80 will shred it.

what do you use for an engine block? surely friction fitting a motor mount (especially when using a G) isnt the greatest idea.

casings have that little overhang that holds it from shooting up

you can use tube couplers for blocks, just set it back the farthest you plan to and use spacers

Back