Electronics storage

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZ_Ron

Reaction score
Hey all... I guess I've gone a wee bit overboard with my electronics... I've got about a dozen alimeters/flight computers either completed, or to be built very shortly.
Was wondering what y'all are doing to store and transport them??

Thanks!

Ron

The box that held my Makita impact set...has some nice foam that holds my GPS nicely, and lets me crowd in some smaller altimeter boxes. A bit of bubble wrap keeps things safe if I drop it. And it has a decent quality clasp.IMG_20201128_171051.jpg

Tim and Adrian, I totally get what you guys are saying... I've got about 10 different Eggfinder/Eggtimer kits, so far all I've built have worked. They're definitely inexpensive enough to just mount them once and leave them with the bird.
Scott, I like the pink anti-static ziplocs... for those I have yet to mount.
Thanks folks!

In my rockets...
Seriously, they’re so cheap now, I just put them on a sled and leave them in each rocket.

That's what I've been doing since I stopped swapping sleds between rockets. I do open the av-bays and swap 9V batteries when the altimeter reports them below 8.9V. That's about every 3 years.

Back