Electronics howto sites

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueNinja

Reaction score
DOes anyone know of any good electronics howto sites? I would like to learn how to make timer circuits, program a BASIC stamp, etc etc.

Blue

Originally posted by Blue_Ninja_150
DOes anyone know of any good electronics howto sites? I would like to learn how to make timer circuits, program a BASIC stamp, etc etc.

Blue

RCA and SAMS used to sell books like that. A book is easier to work with on the bench.

Find a local college that has elec.tech. classes and find out what they use for lab books. You could get one of those cheap.

checking the electronics dealer websites like Mouser, Allied, or Hamilton-Avnet...

typically, components come with data sheets outlining typical circuits, i.e. a 555 timer will have a sheet showing several applications and formulas for component selection/timing variables.

Hey Blue Ninja,

how about your local Radio Shack? last week I saw some beginner books there.

also, check out Jameco, https://www.jameco.com. they have a great selection of kits and robotics etc.

you can get a basic stamp and hook up the power easily. programming, however, is a different world than working with the hardware.

what kind of projects do you have in mind?

Mostly just rocketry applications, with the occasional random experiment. I'd like to make a staging timer mainly., the BASIC stamp would be for maybe recovery somehow.

Step one: google: 555+timer+circuits

Step two: Open floodgates for info.

Step three: Have fun.

Back