• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold ELECTRONICS BAY WITH RDAS & ADEPT FOR PML 7.51” TUBE

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thundercloud

Reaction score
This was built for my rear-ejection Thundercloud rocket, and it always worked very well. I think it would work equally well in a rocket that uses a release mechanism such as the AARD to let the drogue and main out the same tube. I say this because it is set up to fasten between two body tubes.

The electronics are housed in a PML 3.9” coupler tube. This allowed me to get used to the operation of the electronics in a lower cost 4” rocket, and then switch them back to the bigger more expensive 7.51” rocket.

The top cap to the 4” coupler was machined from black phenolic, as was the sled that the electronics are mounted to. The sled slides on aluminum U-channel, and spring loaded ball-detents “click” when the slide is fully extended.

One side has an RDAS Classic for the primary electronics, while the other side has an Adept RAS2-50K for redundancy, and also all of the battery mounting. A high quality green colored connector provides attachment points for the electric match leads. I had two main chutes that were deployed simultaneously, so that is why there are so many outputs. A smaller, similar connector, is used to connect the on/off switches. The switches are locking toggles with gold plated contacts.

One 9V battery attaches to the Adept board, and two more attach along side and are used for the RDAS. One battery is to power the RDAS, the other is dedicated to RDAS output only, separate from board power.

Four aluminum tubes suspend the 4” bay at the center of the 7.51” coupler. The aluminum tubes become flush with the outside of the rocket when assembled, providing nicely machined static ports.

One photo shows a protective cap and thumb screws that was made from a piece of 7.51 body tube and a centering ring. This was handy during transport, and is included in the package.

Sell $175 shipped to continental US.

upload_2019-1-6_9-22-18.png

Attachments

• 75 Av Bay 01.JPG
    75 Av Bay 01.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 116
  • 75 Av Bay 03.JPG
    75 Av Bay 03.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 75 Av Bay 04.JPG
    75 Av Bay 04.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 75 Av Bay 05.JPG
    75 Av Bay 05.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 132
  • 75 Av Bay 06.JPG
    75 Av Bay 06.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 75 Av Bay 07.JPG
    75 Av Bay 07.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 130
  • TC Schem Sep Igniter Power.pdf
    390.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 75 Av Bay 10.JPG
    75 Av Bay 10.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 75 Av Bay 09.JPG
    75 Av Bay 09.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 119
I have a serial data cable and other misc. electrical for the RDAS. I also have manuals for the Adept & RDAS, and a spare green output connector for the system. I can include, if desired, a 4" phenolic av-bay shell. It is set up to accept the sled and top cover, but some wiring would have to be done to get the outputs on either end. I do not have any add-on boards.

Attachments

• Cables Etc.JPG
    Cables Etc.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 47
Back