Electronic Parts and Components On Sale at Radio Shack

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike_bar

Reaction score
My local Radio Shack has ALL electronic parts and components on sale for 50 percent off list price. The sale flyer says, “All parts and components located in the drawers.” Time to stock up! This should be a National sale, but I’m not sure.

In addition, all bulk wire sold by the foot is on sale 50 percent off list price.

Note, the sale price is not in the Radio Shack system, the clerk has to key in the discount manually. Make sure the clerk knows about the sale so he does not have to void the entire transaction and start again. Aaagh… :mad:

Good luck and happy building.
Regards,
Michael

Any coupon needed? YAHOO! I've been wanting to get some stuff for a timer!!!!!! PERFECT OPPORTUNITY!!!!! also, cat5 is another priority of mine....

Originally posted by Blue_Ninja_150
Any coupon needed?
No coupon required. All items are on sale. There is a flyer which quotes the sale. I got the flyer in the U.S. Mail. The sales clerk had the flyer at the register. Remember the cash register does not automatically credit a discount, the clerk must key it in.

I'm working on a rocket locator. Maybe I will go back for some Cat 5 wire.

sweetness. I might go there today to buy some parts for a timer. That is if I have enough money left over from my latest PVC project... (suspense)

SHould only be around 9 bucks for the timer at half off. Not including solder and soldering gun.

Not even sure I'm gonna follow through with it. I might. It's more for this winter though.

Humm wonder if this is the beginning of the end of in-store RS electronic components:( I've been hearing rumbings to this effect of some time now. Man, that will put a damper on "last minute" repairs. I sure hope this is just an end of year inventory reduction sale.

Originally posted by Micromeister
Humm wonder if this is the beginning of the end of in-store RS electronic components:( I've been hearing rumbings to this effect of some time now. Man, that will put a damper on "last minute" repairs. I sure hope this is just an end of year inventory reduction sale.

Thats the first thing I thought of too. I notice that a lot of the times when I rummage through the parts drawers, the salesgeeks leave me alone, they have no frickin clue about electronics. But if I mutter 'cellphone' under my breath, their all over me like a bad suit. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Lugnut
Thats the first thing I thought of too. I notice that a lot of the times when I rummage through the parts drawers, the salesgeeks leave me alone, they have no frickin clue about electronics. But if I mutter 'cellphone' under my breath, their all over me like a bad suit. :rolleyes:

Man, you aren't kidding! Like I said in a previous post, in the last few months, I met one salesman who even knew what a resistor was. I had one guy even use the excuse that he couldn't answer my questions because his mind was "flustered" because he screwed up someone's cellphone account earlier in the day. C'mon man, if you're gonna make something up, give me a good juicy story!!

I fear that this might be just what it seems.......The phasing out of parts in the stores.

I gotta find a flyer and stock up! Any way to justify the project boxes being included in this one?

Originally posted by Cajunman06
I gotta find a flyer and stock up! Any way to justify the project boxes being included in this one?
No flyer is needed, except to verify the sale at your store. Check out your local store, they should have a sale flyer on the desk.

Maybe you could stuff a project box in a drawer, and then ask your knowledgeable salesman for help. Voilà!

Seriously, if your local Radio Shack is not having a sale, then please report it here.

What parts are you using for your locator? radio or beeper? and how much does it cost? I'm trying to decide whether to go to Home Depot or Radio SHack.

Just to start trouble with RS, if you look at the flyer, it says "all parts & components in drawers" but if you click on that image it brings you to the catalog page where it lists project boxes within the "components" catagory.

Of course, the whole shopping spree with have to begin with an education of the employee as to what a "component" is.

Just got back :D Got the wrong potentiometer though. I can always go back. Anyways, I should start building my timer this weekend.

Originally posted by Blue_Ninja_150
What parts are you using for your locator? radio or beeper? and how much does it cost? I'm trying to decide whether to go to Home Depot or Radio SHack.
There is a message thread on TRF about Tracking Transmitters by teflonrocketry1.
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...0&highlight=model rocket locator&pagenumber=1

That thread has a link to a great Website:
jerry's gadgets, gizmos, crafts, and curious things including.. transmitters, receivers, computer interfaces, rocket locators, radio bugs, electronic circuits.. and free plans
https://www.jbgizmo.com/

I’m going to build a Model Rocket Locator with a beeper. I'm going to start with the first circuit (perfboard) since I am new to home-built electronics.
https://www.jbgizmo.com/page6.html

I can build/assemble an awesome PC, so I know about connectors and 12 volts! I hope this helps my building skills.
Regards,
Mike

Back