Electronic ejection with remote on my hand

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will add that on 72mhz someone would have to turn on a transmitter on the same frequency for interference to occur. I remember witnessing r/c planes “glitching” or jerking around in flight with momentary loss of control.

Most folks aren't using 72MHz anymore for RC ... many aircraft have been lost over the years due to someone turning on their transmitter in range of someone else flying with the same crystal.

Most "modern" RC is using 2.4GHz transmitters that "bind" to their receivers and use spread-spectrum technology to nullify on-frequency interference. These guys explain it better than I could: https://www.spektrumrc.com/Technology/DSMX.aspx

Anyway, crashes due to interference are pretty much unheard of these days, and (although they're not supposed to) people fly these well beyond visual range using onboard cameras and VR goggles. Pretty cool stuff.

So, obviously the issues with detecting apogee and airspeed still exist, but in theory you could add telemetry for that ... but at that point ... might as well have it all on-board, unless this were an "if all else fails" solution.

Back