Ejection charge positive retention idea

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edwardw

Reaction score
I was in Radio Shack the other day and say that they had little mini-light bulb bases. They are the same kind that regular light bulbs use. Here is a picture:

https://www.caltronix.com/catalog/cat49.htm

I saw something similar in Radio Shack. I thought that you could use this for very positve retention of ejection charges.

There is only one problem. I can't seem to find a 'blank' screw base to screw in. Some of you may know that in regular light bulb connections sometimes you can still find a piece that will screw into the threads and you can plug a cord into it.

That's exactly what I'm looking for for this. Something I just hook my charges to and either screw in our use the bayonet one (you push and turn) to secure it.

Is there an easier way to accomplish this? I don't really like using terminal blocks and screwing down connectiions - just a personal preference. I have used mini-light bulbs from Christmas strands and this is where this idea came from.

Any advice and ideas would be appreciated.

Edward

Make one!

Take a light bulb that fits, break off the glass and solder a connector to the filiment leads.

If you want an easy way to break the glass...use a propane tourch. just heat one side of the glass "bulb" for a few seconds and POP!

Finish it off with nedle nose pliers.

Wear safety glasses please!

sandman

Back