Ejection charge mounting

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyBoy

Reaction score
I'm working on a 54mm ebay and was wondering about mounting the ejection charges on the bulkheads. I use plastic vials for my ejection charges and am having trouble figuring out what to do, any help will be greatly appreciated.

I just let mine hang on 2in. of the match wire, right out the end of the bulkplate. Bend the wire to allow taping over it and the hole, to prevent gases from leaking into e-bay. Done it for years on all sizes from 38mm minimum diameter all the way up to 7.5 in diam.

Most of the guys I fly with do the same. We use every thing from plastic vials, cut off finger tips from nitrile gloves, corners of baggies, even just folded over masking tape and soda straws and let them hang freely on the match leads.

On 3" and smaller rockets I just put a terminal block on the bulkhead and just wire my vial to it and leave it lay against the bulhead. I use the terminal block so that if the wire get tangled in the harness that it does not pull the terminals off of the alt. On 4" and larger I use PVC ejection canisters that mounted on the bulkhead.

Thanks a lot for the replies, I was considering just letting it hang free but wasn't sure.

I just let mine hang on 2in. of the match wire, right out the end of the bulkplate. Bend the wire to allow taping over it and the hole, to prevent gases from leaking into e-bay. Done it for years on all sizes from 38mm minimum diameter all the way up to 7.5 in diam.

Most of the guys I fly with do the same. We use every thing from plastic vials, cut off finger tips from nitrile gloves, corners of baggies, even just folded over masking tape and soda straws and let them hang freely on the match leads.

Agree, works great.

Back