Ejection canisters

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Nokes

Reaction score
Can you please show me how ejection canisters are ignited
Is it a small board of electronics that send the electricity thank you

canisters

My BBX separates at the baffle joint which is glued into the booster. The payload section good onto the coupler at the booster. For the election charge pod have to face frontwards of can I fix the to the payload bulkhead where they would be facing backwards(the baffle section thank you

I tested two of my 3D printed ones today in a rocket - 100% success and they will be reused.

God job. Do the tubes have to point towards the front of the rocket it can they go on the back of the payload ring fl facing the rear of the rocket

The booster tube has the baffle system glued half way in and acts as the coupler too. So if I put the chute release in the avionics bayand the ejection pods on top of the baffle, what connectors are used for when the two tubes separate,I assume some sort of quick release wire for separation. It's there LOC BBX4 inch I'm building thank you

This is my kit and shows the top of the baffle.
All of the canisters are on the Av bay bulkheads. The ones for the main is on the bulkhead pointing up. The ones for the drouge are on the bulkhead pointing down. There are no canisters on the baffle. Please post a picture of your av bay and baffle top.
Here's the kit and showing the baffle, except mine built, these were from loc,s website.
Please can you show me would I put the ejection charge on top of the baffle or the bulkead on the lower end of the avionics tube

Attachments

• 20210426_103040.jpg
    20210426_103040.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 20210426_102559.jpg
    20210426_102559.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 20210426_103759.jpg
    20210426_103759.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 14
Here is a couple of pictures of av bays. The ejection charge holders go on each end of the av bay. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20210426_103121[466].jpg
    20210426_103121[466].jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 20210426_103223[467].jpg
    20210426_103223[467].jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 39
Scott;

Those are likely empty shell casings. Some folks use them, some use latex glove finger tips, centrifuge cannisters, PVC tubing, purpose build ejection charge cannisters by specialized manufacturers, etc.

Depends how much room you have, how much black powder is required (sized based on the amount of body tube volume you need to pressurize), and personal preference by and large.

Where are you physically located? There is nothing quite so beneficial as being able to see AV Bays in person, and be able to ask questions face to face...

r/
Dave

Scott;

Those are likely empty shell casings. Some folks use them, some use latex glove finger tips, centrifuge cannisters, PVC tubing, purpose build ejection charge cannisters by specialized manufacturers, etc.

Depends how much room you have, how much black powder is required (sized based on the amount of body tube volume you need to pressurize), and personal preference by and large.

Where are you physically located? There is nothing quite so beneficial as being able to see AV Bays in person, and be able to ask questions face to face...

r/
Dave
Thanks Dave

I'm in perryville, missouri.
See my baffle joins the booster and the avionics tube together. So I was going to screw that joint together and have the rocket sperate between the avionics bay and payload bay. So I intending to put charge well on that bulkhead at that joint, only thing is they will be facing towards the rear, is that ok

Yes. The blue tube one is for a specific rocket. The other can be moved from one rocket to another. And yes those are shell casings. .45 long colt. I've found the Apogee PVC ones are too small.
This is a quick scribbled of his I was going to do mine. Do you think my charge well is ok we're I have it or could I move it on top of the baffle ring.

Attachments

• 20210426_133022.jpg
    20210426_133022.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 25
Are your avionics in the open tube? Or in the coupler in the tube with the nose cone?
Well, I don't have my avionics yet, so I can do it which ever way is best,
My intention was to go in the coupler of the open tube which I believe is called the payload tube/very front tube

From your drawing. Glue the center tube to the booster tube. That is where the drouge goes. Attach the coupler/av bay to the payload tube with plastic rivets or screws. Use shear pins to hold the nose cone on so it doesn't come off when the drouge charge fires. The payload tube is where the main goes. Avionics are housed in the coupler/av bay between the two bays.

Back