• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Eggtimer TRS GPS Locator/Altimeter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zbench

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have a TRS which has been assembled and tested but never flown. Comes as shown with upgraded Antenna Mount and JST battery connector. $100 delivered via USPS priority mail. You’ll need a LCD receiver to use this as well as a 900 mhz screw on antenna. It’s been upgraded to the most recent version of the firmware.

30CC5542-62AB-43EB-B1F4-52C9269070D4.jpeg

One question that is going to come up: Have you ground tested it?

I created a video which demonstrates the deployment channel testing process of both channels which you can see here

The first one took longer as the TRS relies on shorter taps to move through the menus and a much longer hold to select a value. I had forgotten the length of the longer hold but as you can see, if you don’t hold it long enough it won’t fire and you can start over. To use in a launch, once you have verified continuity on your ematches it’s a simple matter to select start flight and wait to hear the warble tone on the altimeter. I got into the start flight mode by accident while making the video. As you can also see, it doesn’t spare the horsepower in setting off the ematches. Using 2 cell 480 mAh batteries on both the deployment and computer side of the altimeter. The ematches were hand dipped creations I made a while back using chips with resistance of around 1 ohm each.

Back