Eggtimer TRS Altimeter flight data streamed into Excel

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voyager1

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know whether this has been discussed before. However, I was using the data streaming facility in Excel to capture data for another project and realised that this method could be used for reading the flight data directly from my Eggtimer TRS altimeter. To do this, I followed the TRS manual method for retrieving flight data using a serial terminal app (TeraTerm) to make the initial connection to the altimeter.

Follow the instructions to select the desired flight up to the point where it asks you to press the button on the altimeter to commence the download. At that point I disconnected the terminal app and connected Excel through the Data Streaming addon. Pressing the button, the logged data then streams into the Excel spreadsheet ready for immediate graphical display. You do need to set up the required number of columns (11) and rows (I just set it to 200) before you commence the download.

Back