Eggtimer Rocketry Products Assembly

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep going if it fits your schedule. The free guy is offering 5 slots only, it appears. Don't discount because of competition, quality will always prevail (no slight on other member). I have seen your work and it is quality, that's why you got my business.

You are 100% correct Lance...
Quality will always prevail,,,
But even more so in what we do,, HP rocketry......
Here people are even more adept at scrutinizing every aspect of their rocket and flight plan....
That a great part of what we love about rocketry,, everything's got to be perfect...
Your offering a wonderful, needed service at an extremely reasonable price Connor....
Good for you,,, this will all be looked back on as a wonderful experience for you...

Teddy

I think I might need you to assemble one for me... I was actually thinking of getting the Eggtimer/Eggfinder separately simply for the fact that both of those seems infinitely easier to build compared to the Eggfinder TRS... but this is good news for me.

Received my wad of EGG stuff from Connor (9 pieces) a couple of days ago. The work looks almost machine done. Thank you Connor, great job. Now just to figure how to use them.

Received my wad of EGG stuff from Connor (9 pieces) a couple of days ago. The work looks almost machine done. Thank you Connor, great job. Now just to figure how to use them.

Haha thanks, glad you like everything.

Looks like I'm going to have to buy a TRS soon and send it your way, Connor...

Looks like I'm going to have to buy a TRS soon and send it your way, Connor...

Ahhhh, make sure you consider an HC-06 module if you have an Android device or a laptop you wish to bond it to though if you're adept
at inputting data manually into a handheld device, that will work. Kurt

I will soon be offering a "Ready to fly package". I will come with 2-RP-SMA Connectors, 2-Antennas one for RX and TX, 1-Cable, 1-Bluetooth module for LCD RX, 1-RP-SMA jumper cable and a momentary switch to be mounted on the outside of the case. The price will be somewhere around $45 for the kit. Before I start putting them together what do you think? I am also going to try t stock everything by themselves so you have an place to one stop stop for everything you need :)

I will soon be offering a "Ready to fly package". I will come with 2-RP-SMA Connectors, 2-Antennas one for RX and TX, 1-Cable, 1-Bluetooth module for LCD RX, 1-RP-SMA jumper cable and a momentary switch to be mounted on the outside of the case. The price will be somewhere around $45 for the kit. Before I start putting them together what do you think? I am also going to try t stock everything by themselves so you have an place to one stop stop for everything you need :)

At the risk of being beat up, I'd say that's reasonable if you add that to your assembling fee. If not, it's a low ball price. Kurt

I'm sorry to be posting this but you haven't answered my email. What is the status of my eggtimer TRS? Also do I have to buy antenna or is it included? (I wish the documentation were more clear as to what I needed to have something that works)

I'm sorry to be posting this but you haven't answered my email. What is the status of my eggtimer TRS? Also do I have to buy antenna or is it included? (I wish the documentation were more clear as to what I needed to have something that works)

Sorry man Ive been gone all day. I will send you the tracking # later. It won't show up until tuesday because tomorrow is a holiday. I put the wire antennas on yours which it came with. You can later upgrade the if you want to go above 10,000ft.

At the risk of being beat up, I'd say that's reasonable if you add that to your assembling fee. If not, it's a low ball price. Kurt

I'm going to have to ask this also. Is this an upgrade to assembly or an add on. Either way it think it would sell.
I am taking ksaves2 "low ball" as underpriced, not hook 'em and then switch to higher price.

Last edited:
I would also make the ready to fly just that. In the case cerving sends, switches, buttons mounted, etc. Or you could take his kit and make the upgrades yours making it now your kit. You have skills and some free time to sell, use them and make some money.

Ahhh,

The manual is online you could read yourself. If you glanced through it and/or the construction pictures, you would see that the brass wire antenna is stock and the HC06 device you have to purchase yourself. The instructions are quite clear on that. Connor lists his service as an assembling service of the stock kit. If you want something different from the pictures posted on the EggTimer website, it would behoove you to PM the builder to work something out. Adding an SMA (RP or whatever) connector is easy later on and aftermarket antenna recommendations abound in threads here and in Cris manuals.

The HC06 is straight forward too and clearly labelled how to do it in the manual.
Now if you'd like to have what Conner is offering over and beyond the build price of the kit, email him and work something out. It's not too hard to do the mods on an already built device. You did order an LCD receiver? Your post only mentions a TRS.

Conner has been doing this for some time and many folks are satisfied with his work. Kurt

I'm going to have to ask this also. Is this an upgrade to assembly or an add on. Either way it think it would sell.
I am taking ksaves2 "low ball" as underpriced, not hook 'em and then switch to higher price.

Yes underpriced if it's not on top of his basic assembling fee. He does the basic kit and folks should read through the instructions and options listed in the documentation anyways. The assembly photos are quite clear. The additional items he plans to offer any one of us who built the kits ourselves had to purchase on our own if we desired their utility. The stock kits work as provided but the other features allow some different installation options for a builder/flier. Kurt

Ok, I now have RP-SMA connectors in stock on my site and I have updated the first post. They will be $3 a piece. They can be purchased by themselves or as upgrades to your kits.

-Connor McGrath

By the way if you're willing to wait you can get RP SMA connectors for a buck a piece or less on ebay...

You actually need 2 of them because one goes on TX, the other on the RX.

By the way if you're willing to wait you can get RP SMA connectors for a buck a piece or less on ebay...

You actually need 2 of them because one goes on TX, the other on the RX.

If you feel like waiting a month for your parts then by all means go ahead. Please keep your comments to yourself if theres nothing positive to be said...

thanks.

I now have Programming cables up on my site and have updated the first post. They will be $4 per cable. In addition I have changed the pricing of the RP-SMA connectors to $3 for 2 connectors :)

Bluetooth Modules just came in! I've added them to my website and in the first post of this thread. They will be $9 a piece including the cable needed to hook them up.

Bluetooth Modules just came in! I've added them to my website and in the first post of this thread. They will be $9 a piece including the cable needed to hook them up.

Wow ..one stop shopping !

Kenny

I've now added an option on my site for full LCD case assembly. It will be $100 with and add on of $20 for a lipo battery and charger if wanted. Everything included is below:

LCD case assembly

$100.00

Full assembly of the LCD case.

Includes:

- 2 antennas (one for RX and one for TX)

- 2 RP-SMA connectors

- Bluetooth Module

- All switches required for assembly

- RP-SMA extension cable

- lipo battery and charger (add on)

Back