Eggtimer Rocketry Labor Day Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerving

Owner, Eggtimer Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
OK, you asked for it...

We're having a (nother...) sale, this one's going through Labor Day (Monday Sept. 5th). This is most likely going to be the last sale until the Holidays, so if you need anything for the upcoming Fall launches this is the time to get it...

AV Bay Stuff:

o Eggtimer Quantum WiFi-enabled altimeter, normally $40, sale $35
o Eggtimer Classic altimeter, normally $35, sale $30
o Eggtimer Quark Altimeter or Eggtimer WiFi Switch, normally $20 each, two for $35 (you can mix-and-match)

GPS Trackers:

o Eggfinder TX GPS transmitter, normally $70, sale $55
o Eggtimer TRS GPS/Altimeter, normally $90, sale $75
o Eggtimer LCD receiver, normally $55, sale $50 when purchased with a transmitter

As usual, thanks for your support!

Cris Erving, Eggtimer Rocketry

Last edited:
Do i have to wear an ugly sweater to get in on the sale?

Kenny

E-mail sent. I don't know what I'll do with another altimeter, but thank you!

Dangit, Cris- yer gonna make me break out my soldering iron again! My only satisfaction is knowing you are gonna be working harder than I am this weekend filling orders-so there! You up for ROCstock?

This was perfectly timed, thanks to Chuck for his inception skills on planting the idea. :) I needed another TRS for a rocket I'm hoping to have ready for XPRS, so $15 off that was great. Also figured I'd pick up a second EF LCD, ordered without the HW bits (box, battery case & screws, I'm 3D-printing my own case) but with the RP-SMA and antenna instead. Thanks, Cris!!

Thanks to everyone who ordered during the sale! Everything has been shipped out except for a couple of orders with LCD receivers on them... we ran out and had to reorder PC boards. It should be about a week.

Cris Erving
Eggtimer Rocketry

Looking forward to getting it put together. I should be getting my order today, so time to warm up the iron. :)

Looking forward to getting it put together. I should be getting my order today, so time to warm up the iron. :)

Make sure you use the one with the very fine tip. Tin the pad with a very thin amount of solder, tack the part down, hit the other side with solder then touch up the tacked side for contact/conducting sake.

Be very careful with the WiFi modules as one doesn't want to get bridges under the device. I suspect I junk boxed one with that. The GPS receiver/antennas are a little more resistant to that but there is a slot between the antenna and the base.
I probably splashed solder inside one to dork it. Put a piece of masking tape along that to prevent such an act from happening. I build inside a clear square pyrex cake pan so minor flipped parts are confined to where
I can find them. Good light, magnification and as daunting as it looks to build with the SMT parts it's not so bad. Be careful when placing and soldering the HOPE modules. Don't want to splash solder on those 1/2 grain of rice parts. I've never dorked
one of those but one doesn't want to get sloppy with the solder either. Oh boy, when firing any of these projects up for the first time, it's really satisfying when they work. With the computers be sure to clear the memories the first time as recommended in the instructions. All of the deployment devices are pretty resistant to Rf interference with my non-scientific testing so far. Makes me comfortable when I do a 60 minute ground Rf test with a flying installation they'll be no surprises. Kurt (one big fan)

Thanks for the tips! I've done a fair bit of SMT work, and have lots of tools to help. The unit I'm trying is the Quantum, so the little wifi module is in play. I've got a few of those on dev boards, they are neat little modules. I almost started making an altimeter out of one, but found these before I did. For this price, no point in re-inventing the wheel. :)

Thanks to everyone who ordered during the sale! Everything has been shipped out except for a couple of orders with LCD receivers on them... we ran out and had to reorder PC boards. It should be about a week.

Cris Erving
Eggtimer Rocketry

Cris, just making sure you got my order. I ordered an LCD receiver, so I'm not sure if you're waiting to bill me until it's ready to ship, or if my order was missed. Thanks.

Cris Erving
Eggtimer Rocketry

You're welcome, and THANK YOU. I already got my order in today's mail!

Thanks for the tips! I've done a fair bit of SMT work, and have lots of tools to help. The unit I'm trying is the Quantum, so the little wifi module is in play. I've got a few of those on dev boards, they are neat little modules. I almost started making an altimeter out of one, but found these before I did. For this price, no point in re-inventing the wheel. :)

The Quantum was fun to put together. I love the features in it. Now if we can have one with a GPS combined.

For the optoisolators, I had the best success using extra flux from a no clean rosin flux pen and drag-soldering to get good contact with those little j-legs. Those are a challenge to get solidly soldered. And yes, tape under the wifi chip. It's specified in the instructions. I also found it easier to solder the resistors between the optoisolators before attaching the optoisolators (reverse of the instructions). That way, the big plastic cover on the optoisolators doesn't get in the way and inadvertently get melted.

Also, DON'T miss the part about the mislabeled resistor. You can see the mislabeled silkscreened board here. Both should be 472 resistors instead of one being 103. Supposed to not be harmful if you put on a 103, though.

From the site: https://www.eggtimerrocketry.com/page16.php?view=preview&image=315&category=17

62ebccb1c01a7e7e6906e55e66adb1b4.jpg

It might not pick up the continuity on the Main channel. It's kind of an iffy thing... I actually made a software change in 1.03a that pretty much mitigated the problem, but it's better to use the right part.

Cris Erving
Eggtimer Rocketry

You're welcome, and THANK YOU. I already got my order in today's mail!

Yes, thank you Cris! I also recieved a EF Quantum in the mail today. You must have had these in the mail same day as ordered. Super-fast service, especially considering the holiday weekend. Great Work!

Just wanted to say thanks for the great product and service. I had a minor issue and Chris was all over it. My Quantum is bench tested and all is well. Now to get things ready for a full pyro test. :)

Any thoughts about making an Eggtimer TRS using the Quantum and the Eggfinder TX combined? Call it TRS+? I really appreciate the device interface with the Quantum. Another option could be substitute the Quark for the Quantum for a really small footprint TRS. Thank you!

Hypothetically, you could run a cable from the run jumper on the Quark to the run jumper on the EF-TX and send the baro data to a EF-RX.

But in reality it needs to be a smart cable, so it knows when to inject the baro data. Essentially.

Oh, Cris - when does your flying season end and your design/build season begin? :) Here in SE-WI, I'm back to LPR for a quarter spin around the sun.

Hypothetically, you could run a cable from the run jumper on the Quark to the run jumper on the EF-TX and send the baro data to a EF-RX.

But in reality it needs to be a smart cable, so it knows when to inject the baro data. Essentially.

Oh, Cris - when does your flying season end and your design/build season begin? :) Here in SE-WI, I'm back to LPR for a quarter spin around the sun.

This exposes why I am considered such a linear thinker. Your solution never dawned on me! I just think well, put it all on one board, dah, dah, dah...

Here's to Cider Season! Let's see, I think I have enough Pils so I'll forego that for the cider brewing. Now, any really interesting adjuncts you'd suggest?!?

:)

Back