Eggtimer Rocketry Holiday Sale - 2022

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerving

Owner, Eggtimer Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
It’s time for the annual Eggtimer Rocketry Holiday Sale. The elves have been busy packing up kits, our sale is going to run from Tuesday Nov. 15th through Wednesday Nov. 30th. That’s 16 whole shopping days to drain your annual rocketry budget!

*** NEW! *** Eggtimer Quasar GPS/Altimeter (Three outputs, WiFi, GPS/telemetry, 900 MHz and 70cm Ham), reg. $100, sale price $80

Eggfinder “Whole Enchilada” GPS Tracking Setup… Eggfinder TX/LCD/LCD-GPS, reg $160, sale price $130

“Whole Enchilada” GPS Tracking Setup, with Mini transmitter, reg $165, sale price $134

Eggfinder TX GPS Transmitter, reg. $70, sale price $55
Eggfinder Mini GPS Transmitter, reg. $75, sale price $60
Eggfinder LCD receiver w/antenna (specify 900 MHz or 70 cm Ham), reg. $55, sale price $50
Eggfinder LCD-GPS Module, reg. $40, sale price $32
Eggtimer Voice Module, reg. $20, sale price $16
Eggfinder RX “dongle” receiver (specify USB or Bluetooth), 900 MHz, reg. $25, sale price $20
Eggfinder RX “dongle” receiver (specify USB or Bluetooth), 70cm w/ext. antenna, reg. $35, sale price $30
Eggtimer Apogee deployment controller, reg. $15, sale price $12
Eggtimer Quark deployment controller, reg. $20, sale price $16
Eggtimer ION Flight Datalogger, reg. $20, sale price $16
Eggtimer Classic Flight Computer, reg. $35, sale price $28
Eggtimer Quantum WiFi-enabled flight computer, reg. $40, sale price $32
*** SOLD OUT *** Eggtimer Proton WiFi-enabled 6-output flight computer, reg. $70, sale price $55
(VERY LIMITED QUANTITIES... LIMITED TO STOCK ON HAND, ONE PER CUSTOMER)

Eggtimer Telemetry Module (900 MHz), reg. $20, sale price $16
Eggtimer Telemetry Module (70cm Ham w/external antenna), reg. $30, sale price $26
Eggtimer WiFi Switch, reg. $20, sale price $16
Eggtimer Mini Switch, reg. $15, sale price $12

…And don’t forget the accessories…
USB-Serial interface cable (you’ll NEED one if you don’t have one…), $5 (NOT for Windows 11)
USB-Serial “dongle” interface for Windows 11, $8
900 MHz external antenna/connector for TX/TRS transmitters, $12
900 MHz external antenna/connector for RX/LCD receivers, $12
Terminal block set for WiFi Switch, $3
OpenLog datalogger for TX/Quasar, $12
BT06 Bluetooth module w/cable (for Eggfinder LCD receiver), $8

We have plenty of inventory on almost everything except as noted, but due to the nature and the volume involved in this sale it is highly possible (if not likely…) that we might run out of something before the end of the sale. If we do, we’ll let you know, and get busy making more of them. Nobody’s going away empty-handed… you just might have to wait a few weeks if we run out. If you’re giving something as a gift, be sure to let us know, and order early… our email is [email protected]

And as always, thanks for your continued support!

Cris Erving
Eggtimer Rocketry

Last edited:
We're still selling at the Holiday Sale discounts, up through the 30th. On a delivery note, we just got the PC boards for the Quasars, we'll be shipping out the 70 cm Ham and 869 MHZ UK/EU versions this week; we're still waiting for our shipment of 900 MHz RF modules. We expect them in about a week... thanks for your patience, we'll try to get them shipped out as soon as we can. We're going to be "out of the office" from the 10th through the 17th, we're hoping we get them before then.

Thanks to all of you for a successful Holiday Sale! We're busy shipping out what we have in stock, and putting together kits to cover the rest. We're short on RF modules for the GPS and telemetry products, we have a partial shipment due in the next few days and the rest in about a week or two. We are going to be on vacation from Dec. 10th-18th, so nothing is going to be going out in that period; if your order is a gift and you have not previously let us know, contact us immediately so we can prioritize your order.

Cris Erving, Eggtimer Rocketry

Thank you, Cris!!! Hope you and the family enjoy your vacation!

Looking forwards to all the goodies from our California Santa!

A shipping update...

We're working on the backlog, besides the usual volume-related issues we're also short on RF modules. The one large shipment that we expected in early November has turned out to be several smaller shipments over time, however we do expect to have all of the tracking and telemetry products shipped out by the end of December. If your order was a gift, please notify us IMMEDIATELY... we're holding back a small number of kits for those contingencies. Also, please note that we will be away from the shop from Dec. 10th-18th, so nothing is going to ship out that week.

Chris: I noticed the Proton sold out. Is this going to be discontinued?

No, the current version is going to be replaced with a new and equivalent version, due to the unavailability of the accelerometer chip. It's going to take some time, though... we probably won't have them for sale until late Spring.

FYI, we finally got our "November" shipment of RF modules yesterday. We're working on making up the kits... there are a few hundred to be kitted, so it's going to take a few days. Most of the orders should go out sometime next week... thanks for your patience.

Thank you Cris @cerving !!!!!

"Little" care package arrived via USPS yesterday. 😍😍😍😍😍

Tomorrow morning I need to run down to Tim's @WILDMANRS to pick up some stuff, then shoot over to Adrian's @jd2cylman to trade some stuff, then to Hampshire, then back home...... to where I will be under solder smoke into the evening building kits!!!! 😁😁😁😁😁😁

20230104_180727.jpg
20230104_181553.jpg
20230104_181630.jpg

How long does it take you to knock out a typical Eggtimer kit? It's still a full evening task for me to do one.

It depends on the kit. I did an Apogee in 30min the other night. Did my first Quantum last night and while on Norco for my back and trying to ignore the YouTube video I had playing, it took me 90min or so. The quantum is pretty fiddly though.

Last edited:
I'd like to give a shout out to Chris here! You all know this already, but standup service again. He gave us weeks to get our orders in and I still forgot, but my late order was given holiday sale price! Thanks Chris, we appreciate everything you provide here.

How long does it take you to knock out a typical Eggtimer kit? It's still a full evening task for me to do one.
Do them during my ~30 min lunch break at work. Most are built one day, then tested the next. An Apogee is done & tested in a day, the Proton 2 days to build and another to test.

Do them during my ~30 min lunch break at work. Most are built one day, then tested the next. An Apogee is done & tested in a day, the Proton 2 days to build and another to test.

Looking forward to getting a Proton once Cris has time to get to developing the new version dealing with the accelerometer going EOL.

It's mostly Quantums I've built so far. I am a good bit slower than you. :)

It is not about speed my friend! Its all about enjoying working on them and making sure they work. Cris has done his part for design and development, the rest is on us! :)

I absolutely LOVE the Quark, have many of them. They work so so well and for a simple DD device, you cannot beat $20 with a stick!

The Quantum is new to me and I am looking forward to the added features for some of my more complex rockets that I normally use my RRC2L/RRC3 or Raven(s) for. The wireless functionality on it really has me intrigued!!

Also had to get a Quasar in 70cm along with the other bits to go with it for my Balls project(s) for 2023. :cool:

Thank you Cris @cerving !!!!!

"Little" care package arrived via USPS yesterday. 😍😍😍😍😍

Tomorrow morning I need to run down to Tim's @WILDMANRS to pick up some stuff, then shoot over to Adrian's @jd2cylman to trade some stuff, then to Hampshire, then back home...... to where I will be under solder smoke into the evening building kits!!!! 😁😁😁😁😁😁

View attachment 555407View attachment 555406View attachment 555405

@StreuB1
It was good to see you again. Many thanks for your help.

Hi! What is your test procedure... beyond turning it on and listening for the correct number of beeps, I just tested my quantum in a makeshift vacuum chamber to ensure it would set off electric matches in the proper sequence.

Back